The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Juddering/missing on cold start up Help!!!

j1mb0b1

Hi guys,

Yes i have another problem with the supe :(, When i start her up in the morning its juddering/misfire but only when its really cold outside!, Then when i put revs on it just cuts power out, Then after letting her warm up all if fine!! any ideas ? I have a TT6 stock cheers Jamie.....

Edited by j1mb0b1 (see edit history)

Sounds like something related to the spark system. Never had it happen to me in the supe, but ive had a few old cars where the exactly same thing happened and it was either plugs, HT leads, or dizzy cap.

Humm funny you should say that, I had a service on her a few weeks back and they changed the spark plugs but when they removed the coil pack connectors they broke, But they managed to put them back on as a temp, I need to get some new connectors for the coil packs. You think this is why iam getting this when its cold becuase they may not be 100% connected?

Iam going ring toyota on monday, get some new coil pack connectors see if that helps, Any one have the part number at hand ?? Cheers Jamie..