The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno and speed limiter question

hadyn

I think the main issue with not using the ideal gear is that you really want to dyno in the 'straight-through' gear, i.e. the one with a 1:1 ratio so that gearing and the extra drivetrain losses/torque gains that might come with using another gear don't affect the power/torque figures.

Also, the car is more likely to break traction in a lower gear, so tie it down well!

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

Anyone got any conclusive evidence that they can or cant get a full dyno with the 112mph limiter in place?

you can't get a full dyno. my bpu tt Auto supra topped out at 120 and did not get the full boost as it ran out of speed first.

i found this out as i have a fault with my delimiter when it was on the RR.

Previous to this fault it was fine the last time it was on the RR.

Cheers for that snake. How much power did you make before the limiter kicked in?

I think it was around 390.

I now have to find out what's wrong with the delimiter, it may be a loose wire or it may be fubar. To be honest i would not have known the delimiter had a fault,if it had not gone on the RR.:)

• 4 weeks later...

Spoke to a local dyno operator the other day in regards to this issue. He told me that as long as the supra autobox would hold gear until the redline then he could get an accurate dyno. He then went onto tell me he had a single Supra achieve over 500bhp with the limiter still in place as their was a loose connection to the aftermarket ecu or something...

Last place I took my old BPU Supra to, couldnt stop it from kicking down...

That is the problem, but put it in manual mode and you can accelerate gently, once the first turbo is properly into it's stride you can usually bury the throttle and it will hold to redline :)

• 2 weeks later...