The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oops, how did I do that!

Pig

Jon, one thing I've always noticed with your car on the strip is the exhuast is getting thown around all over the place, it was slamming up and down about 6 inchs when you were doing your burnouts at pod... you can also see it in some of your videos.

I guess the exhaust isn't mounted correctly and is putting a lot of stress on that downpipe... check the manifold too!!

Jon, one thing I've always noticed with your car on the strip is the exhuast is getting thown around all over the place, it was slamming up and down about 6 inchs when you were doing your burnouts at pod... you can also see it in some of your videos.

I guess the exhaust isn't mounted correctly and is putting a lot of stress on that downpipe... check the manifold too!!

Ahhh, i wish you had said, no one ever drives my car properly with me watching, so i dont get to see that sort of thing.

Dont suppose you have an example of a vid?

I will next week!! Whoops sorry Jon is that ok?

Mate, ofcourse its ok..... dont suppose you could make sure the exhaust is mounted properly would you.

It should be, whifbitz fitted it. Maybe needs new rubbers.

Is the downpipe/turbo supported at all?

Dont think so TBH, i think it just sits on the manifold and the down pipe has no support until it reaches the mid pipe.

Ahhh, i wish you had said, no one ever drives my car properly with me watching, so i dont get to see that sort of thing.

Dont suppose you have an example of a vid?

I thought I did :blink: Might have been at the evening do after pod, so we weren't exactly sober!

The vid I remember was one from a drag day you did a while ago, when you were really thrashing it and using the 2step.

I thought I did :blink: Might have been at the evening do after pod, so we weren't exactly sober!

The vid I remember was one from a drag day you did a while ago, when you were really thrashing it and using the 2step.

I was stone cold sober :innocent::taped:

Ahh, i think i know where to look, thx

Edit: Thrashing it....... me ??? you sure

Dont think so TBH, i think it just sits on the manifold and the down pipe has no support until it reaches the mid pipe.

I doubt that helps. Bignum made me a bit of support braket and welded that on to a stock support somewhere or other, part way down the downpipe. There is a lot of weight on the manifold otherwise, especially when you chuck the car around.

Looks like there has been some serious flex in the exhaust system coupled up with high temps.What D/P is it?

As said above a flexy joint may help.

Its usually the manifold which lets go on the welds .

I dont reckon 2 step could cause this amount of damage.

Homer, I cant find the vid i was thinking of. Dont suppose you know wherre to look do you?

Steve, good shout, i will speak to dave and see if he can make something up. Last thing i want is the manifold going as its all boostlogic stuff.