The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Well another supra heads to the grave yard :(

Sean1933

Decided to take the car to for an nice early morning drive over to my friends. I have driven the road for the last 5 years, 5 days a week so know where the blind spots are and where it 'should' be safe to overtake.

I came up behind slow moving traffic (40mph ish), waited to pass the blind crest in the road, confirmed there was no oncoming traffic so proceedings to put my foot down (and no i didnt just floor it) and turn to right...resulting in the tail stepping right out so im facing to the right of my intended direction of travel. Meaning im now heading towards a concrete bridge, heavy impact follow by 2 perfectly executed spins before i came to rest facing the direction i wanted to go...but on the wrong side of the road.

Black ice mixed with a foreign substance is what apparently caused the lack of traction. Apparently im lucky not to have ended on my roof in the river, however i dont feel lucky from looking at the state of my motor. :( . Anyone fancy giving me a repair quote, lol.

Be careful out there guys.

P070209_08.04.JPG

P070209_08.22.jpg

P070209_08.23.JPG

P070209_08.24.JPG

P070209_08.26.JPG

P070209_08.26[01].JPG

P070209_08.27.JPG

P070209_08.38.jpg

P070209_09.19[01].JPG

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ouch! jeez mate feel for ya but at least your ok. i take it you had no injury?

Bit of whiplash and a painful head from banging it on the window, apart from that im fine...oh and my ego is shot. Got another car as a runabout but i cant pluck up the courage to drive it. Will try again tomorrow.

Bloody hell Sean! lucky escape, made a right mess of the bridge as well:blink: glad your OK i presume?

Marsh road then? hope you have agreed value, thought you had sold it already, shame it had to end like that.

Tell me about it mate, bridge is a real mess...and yep good old Marsh Road. No agreed value, mods are replacement value though so should be ok, will fight it to the death either way as it had sold subject to payment and collection early March, should count as decent proof the market is willing to pay decent money.

Im fine, whiplash and headaches from banging it on the inside + a bit of driving anxiety which i should get over in due course.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Really sorry to hear this mate, would have been nice to see you at the meet today too. Which road was it? From the pics it's between the Esso in Pevensey and the dual carriage-ways at Stone's Cross?