The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Losing the love....

ManwithSupra

Not sure why i started to think this (as i said before my love for the supra will never go) but it seems that i am loosing a bit of the supra love i had before :(

I just took my supra out and started to think of all the things that need to be done to make it 100% perfect again (as its 13 years old) and i started to think do i spend money getting it back to perfection (and bettering it) or do i spend the money i would use getting it back to perfection + the money i would sell it for + a bit more to buy a different car a different experiance??

I have had it for 4 years now and am thinking do i (Dare i say it) move on??

I have been thinking about a few cars recently, have been looking at a few (wide range) of cars such as the Skyline R33/34 GTR, Misti Evo 10, Noble M12 GTO 3r, VXR8, M3 (e46) all of which are lovely cars but...... ahhhhh i am not sure what to do :(

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

It depends what you want from the car, what state it's currently in, and whether you enjoy working on it.

e.g. from my supra, I want something that's uber-reliable, doesn't need fixing much (I don't mind doing minor stuff occasionally, but don't want to be bent over the engine bay most weekends :)), not too expensive to run. In return, I don't expect it to be particularly fast (I'd have to go NA-TT or NA-T, which would screw up my earlier requirements), or particularly shiny/blingy (I want it to be cheapish to run, and spending money on shiny cam covers etc won't help that).

Hey richard! Sounds like you are big on perfect cars and you want a change. I understand where you are coming from on that. My car is far from perfect, but it doesn't really bug me.

Most of us will move on to new models in time I believe, so why not try something newer?

If you still want to stay supe, then just re-invent it / upgrade it the cheap way as follows:

1) Ride a bike/ or a 1.1 metro and then use the supe for special occasions, you will appreciate it more.

2) Open the windows, and listen to the supe as you drive, feel it's power again, imagine that it's new.

3) Go to supra meets.

That's it. Good luck. :)

i was jus about to post a thread namedn ,I"i LOVE my car" so rather than post a thread ill put it in here ,.

today for the first time in a long time i took my supe out just for a drive down the nice smooth swoopy b roads,

my car has had problems and mishaps for the last 10 months , but today i had time to change all the oils, fit new wishbones on the back, and re-aligne all the wheels , so i took it out and it all came flooding back .

i rememberd why id spent all my time and money on this machine , the way the car drives sounds and feelis is like no other jap performance car , just hearing the roar echoing back at me as the waistgate opend is amazing and the way it eats the corners playfully sliding the rear out , ... what a car , it always reminds me why i never want to part with it ,

take it out on a good driving road , jus you and the car , and have some fun , itl come back to you

I blow hot and cold when it comes to our car. At the moment it's sat on the drive with a dead battery and no insurance. From this point is it really worth me shelling out a load of money for a car that I drive once a fortnight??:(

I love the car but it's getting to a point where it's not worth having. I have become more interested in saving my cash and moving to a fooking huge house instead!!:D

H.

i feel the same way i have put a lot of cash in mine over the last few years which i wont get back. a load of us at work have just lost our car park passes and there is no where to park your car safe nearby and i dont even drive it at weekends, i did take it for its mot last month and on the way back the looks it gets and attention makes you feel like you dont want to drive anything else.

Hey Rich ;)

I posted a similar thread recently, really feel for you fellah.

Thing is with the supra is that your heart rules your head - and your wallet! You sigh/swear/tear your hair out but eventually pay to get it sorted, and when it's all done.....WOW!! :D Its amazing, feels like a new car and you fall in love with it all over again and wonder why you got so down about it in the first place.

With spring around the corner and better driving conditions on the horizon, you've something to look farward to. How about starting to get a few jobs done at a time so the repair bills are spread out? You have a daily runner so there's no mad urgency.

chin up hun :friends:

Linda

xx

Ive just come out of the exact same problem as you mate, except a bit worse, and no tasty alternatives like yourself! Take it off the road for a bit and go back to it. Dont come on the forum, dont read about cars or anything, and then after a few weeks everything will seem ace!

Keep the Supra and tidy it up. I really wish I had mine back :(

I followed a gun metal one this morning on the M1, and have been pining to get one again all day.

Maybe when moneys a bit better :)

Oh, and on a sperate note. Hi Linda. Vicki also wants Thorena (or similar red NA Supra) back ;)

Mark

Hey richard! Sounds like you are big on perfect cars and you want a change. I understand where you are coming from on that. My car is far from perfect, but it doesn't really bug me.

Most of us will move on to new models in time I believe, so why not try something newer?

If you still want to stay supe, then just re-invent it / upgrade it the cheap way as follows:

1) Ride a bike/ or a 1.1 metro and then use the supe for special occasions, you will appreciate it more.

2) Open the windows, and listen to the supe as you drive, feel it's power again, imagine that it's new.

3) Go to supra meets.

That's it. Good luck. :)

:D nice advice!!

Not sure why i started to think this (as i said before my love for the supra will never go) but it seems that i am loosing a bit of the supra love i had before :(

I just took my supra out and started to think of all the things that need to be done to make it 100% perfect again (as its 13 years old) and i started to think do i spend money getting it back to perfection (and bettering it) or do i spend the money i would use getting it back to perfection + the money i would sell it for + a bit more to buy a different car a different experiance??

I have had it for 4 years now and am thinking do i (Dare i say it) move on??

I have been thinking about a few cars recently, have been looking at a few (wide range) of cars such as the Skyline R33/34 GTR, Misti Evo 10, Noble M12 GTO 3r, VXR8, M3 (e46) all of which are lovely cars but...... ahhhhh i am not sure what to do :(

Keep her mate :)

my love for my supra has been dwindling over the last couple of weeks but gave it a good wash earlier and managed to get the big black plastic sill things off (at last!!!!) and now im feeling the love all over again! strange what a few little things done to the car can do to your love for it.