The mkiv Supra Owners Club

rear crank seal

d_d

My rear crank seal is leaking, now im intending on getting this sorted, but before i do i was just wondering if its likely to have done anymore damage anywhere, the leak has been quite bad leaking for some time now.

Also has anyone got any good write ups on how to do the job? Ive had a search and can not find much

If the clutch isn't slipping then you should be OK. The friction material gets oil on it and you can't, from what I understand, really recover them from that, they never grip properly again.

I don't think there is a guide anyone has done yet specifically to replacing the rear crank seal. Don't think it's rocket science once you have the flywheel off though, just use a bit of common mechanical sense - clean surfaces and pressing the seal in uniformly so it doesn't kink or pinch.

-Ian