The mkiv Supra Owners Club

missfire!!!

alaing

hi guys i have a jspec tt that has a missfire problem. I cant drive the car on the road yet as its still a project. I used to have a missfire at the top end of the rev range(just reving it from idle), i thought ok, must be coil clips sure enough some of the coils didnt even have clips on them just the metal connectors pushed onto the coils! So i replaced the spark plugs, the clips, spark plug boots and checked all the wiring for breaks, loose wires, made the metal connectors sit on the coil terminals tighter etc.

I now seem to have a missfire in the bottom half of the rev range!! :(

If you stamp on the accelerator it will miss really badly then pick up at about 2k and go all the way to the red line no problem, hold it there and it runs fine. On idle it with 'cough' every 20 sec or so. I took off the coil clips one at a time to try it narrow it down to a cylinder but although it misses on each cylinder when the clip is off it will still 'cough' every 20sec or so?! Like its missing on another cylinder aswell. But it does this every one you disconnect. As you can imagine its very fustrating as it was fine before everything was changed (on idle i mean). Any ideas would be a big help, i was thinking could it be to do with the idle control valve? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

alain:)