The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wheel options on orange

supraspeed

ok i'm thinking long term ere, but after splashing out nearly £1000 on tyres for my 19"s ive come to the conclusion that i might be better off with different wheels as its just too much £ for tyres. anybody got any pics with an orange supe with a few different wheels on preferb not 19"s. i like my wheels but would like to see other examples. does black wheels look nice cos some cars they dont stand out enough, just look a bit shaded. either that or somebody with a good eye for photoshop ;) and no i'm not changing the colour to match the wheels :D

[ATTACH]new 1.jpg[/ATTACH]

supra side on.jpg

£1000 for a set of tyres? Ok.

How about £500 for a perfectly good set of road tyres Like the old Falken 452s (for 19s)?

wintertrac was the only set i could find that would do high performance 10" rears with anti-aquaplaning. i mean they are the best tyres ive ever had by a long shot and the grip is immense but i can't really justify the cost when they wear out. i had falkens on my mr2 and i thought they were good but these are in another league. i sound like a salesman lol ;)

wintertrac was the only set i could find that would do high performance 10" rears with anti-aquaplaning. i mean they are the best tyres ive ever had by a long shot and the grip is immense but i can't really justify the cost when they wear out. i had falkens on my mr2 and i thought they were good but these are in another league. i sound like a salesman lol ;)

I'm sure you've done your research, but even so...a 1000 sheets???

Do you know for sure that other makes like Falken, Toyo, Goodyear etc don't do your size?

Sorry I'm not a racing driver or a tyre salesman- but anti aquaplaning? Isn't that somes sales BS to charge even more.

Surely at speed, tyres will aquaplane, therefore don't drive like a numpty in the wet...blah blah blah :)

Edited by Lbm (see edit history)

Why dont you get the car fixed first and enjoy it, you have a nice set of wheels and you will find good quality tyre for less, see Speedwells on here, you are just spending money for no reason :p

this is long term. long long term lol. its just a bit of a worry if one of my tyres blow out or something. ive done loads of research on the tyre price and really couldn't find any cheeper at the time. this was nearly a year ago so might have changed prices. just out of interest while were on this topic, will my current 19"s affect the speedo? a few ppl have told me that it can put it out like 5mph...didn't say which way tho, bit unsure now as we live in a speed camera country loosing my licence over 5mph would piss me off a bit lol

Edited by supraspeed (see edit history)