The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crankshaft pulley - Any idea's?

SupraDave99

Hey

I broke down on the M25 Friday nite.

The crank shaft pulley outer ring come off, took out the radiator cooling fan and after i managed to point the car towards the hard shoulder and drift across from the outside lane, the top blew off the header tank covering my screen in radiator water! Nightmare!

I have stripped it all down and did have a problem loosening the bolt (until i found out about holding a bar in place, removing the coil! and turning the engine over that is!)

Now i just can't get the crank pulley off to save my life!

I can't seem to get at it from undereath and i think i am as far as i am going to get.

To be honest, I am looking for some advice as i am fresh out of ideas. The only thing i can suggest is a crank extracter 9" in diameter.

This is what i intend to use and have contacted a local mobile mechanic who said he was more than confident to get it off within the hour @ £36 per hour.

If anyone has ever experienced this and like me, had to do the work themselves? If so i would be grateful to hear from you and any advice would be appreciated very much!

Regards

Dave

1993 N/a J-spec

Hey Scooter,

Sorry for the late reply!

I live near Camberley off the M3.

Just spoke to Dad and he has borrowed a tool from a friend at work.

Im gonna go out there first thing and see what the SP is...

I'll drop you a mail later today and let you know how got on.

Thankyou for your offer! It's nice to find genuine people like myself who dont mind going out of their way!

Where about's in Surrey are you?

Dave