The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Urgent - Flat Battery Alarm Problem

R3DG3CKO ROB

Hi Guys

Cars been sat for a while as it needed new callipers and brake lines and the battery went dead.

Now trying to jump start the car and the alarm won't turn off when I enter the normal code! I've checked with the people who installed it back in the day and they said that it probably thinks it's being stolen so I need to send the main unit back to Clifford to be reset!

I've misplaced the manual with the original pin code in it so can't try that and consiquenntly think I'm a bit screwed! The alarm is a Clifford Concept 500.

Please Please Please can someone help?

Guest victorvondoom

I had the same problem. Clifford alarms seem to be sensitive to jump starts. Had to have my control unit sent back for repairs. Always have a spare battery now. Much less hassle....

Guest victorvondoom

Made no difference when I tried the code on mine. Clifford engineer told me that the unit had been damaged and would have to be repaired. The alarm itself can be bypassed and any reputable alarm installer should be able to do this. When you do get it sorted, don't jump start the car in the future. Could possibly do the same again. Best of luck.

Clifford alarms come with a lifetime guarantee if you take it for a yearly service and get it stamped. Basically all they do is check it all works.There should be a page for this in the manual. When mine went dead recently i couldn't do anything with it, My key fob woundn't stop the alarm, My pin code wouldn't work, The AA just put it on charge and it stopped, That seems to have sorted it for now. Clifford alarms do seem to drain the battery more?

• 3 weeks later...
I had the same problem. Clifford alarms seem to be sensitive to jump starts. Had to have my control unit sent back for repairs. Always have a spare battery now. Much less hassle....

standard fit scorpion alarms were the same, i have a spare control unit and key fobs waiting for the dreaded jump start failure:rolleyes: