The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help

Guest knd

hi all hope you can help me iv been told you lot know you r stuf

iv got a 2001 supra twin turbo all standard i have a problom with it talk steering at the rear it only doses it under load not on normal driving iv had some one look at it for me ho said it looks ok if any one has had this problem before and could let me know how they sorted it out i would be very greatful thanks

hi all hope you can help me iv been told you lot know you r stuf

iv got a 2001 supra twin turbo all standard i have a problom with it talk steering at the rear it only doses it under load not on normal driving iv had some one look at it for me ho said it looks ok if any one has had this problem before and could let me know how they sorted it out i would be very greatful thanks

Hi, all

I hope you can help me, I've been told that you lot know your stuff.

I've got a 2001 Supra Twin Turbo, standard. I have a problem with it torque steering at the rear. It only does it under load, not on normal driving. I've had someone look at it for me, he said it looks ok. If anyone has had this problem before and could let me know how they sorted it out, I would be very greatful. Thanks

Kind of unneccessary, especially after JB's request.

Anyway, you spelled grateful wrong. :p

I don't think so, personally. I wasn't mocking him; merely making it easier for others to read and therefore offer opinion.

It could be that your just stomping on the accelerator, it does kind of push the back end out when you do that :D

And he did say under load - wonder if it could be worn bushes, making it feel a bit wobbly?

Check the tyre pressures for a start, put them to around 36psi.

Assuming nothing is loose under the back, as can be assumed when it's been checked, then it's looking like bushes, alignment or worn components - with a potential mixture of them all.

Don't go out and try it in this weather, though. Wait for a dry, warmer day before you put the rear under load.

Check the tyre pressures for a start, put them to around 36psi.

Assuming nothing is loose under the back, as can be assumed when it's been checked, then it's looking like bushes, alignment or worn components - with a potential mixture of them all.

Don't go out and try it in this weather, though. Wait for a dry, warmer day before you put the rear under load.

Shouldn't the tire pressures be higher in this weather?

EDIT: didn't read the whole post duhhhh :rolleyes:

Along with this post -

Could any give me advise what to look out for, has i have load of speed bumps around my area, i do go over them slowly, but obviously it don't help the car, so i was just wondering as my car will be going into the garage soon for mot and a general service, so to prepare for it, could i look out for any think that could come loose or maybe look for any kind of damage ? or wear and tear etc ?

Thanks guys,

Andy

Hi Andy

Listen out for any knocking on turning or acceleration as this could indicate suspension problems. Hiting speed bumps won't do your alignment much good either. Check for wear patterns on the inner/outer tyres, anything excessive could indicate tracking is out :blink: I don't think alignment checks are covered in general service so maybe get it checked out somewhere that knows their stuff. These cars cars have twitchy rears anyway, as has been said ;)

A harder compound tyre won't grip so well in the wet/damp causing the rear to snake around. If the suspension gets the all clear a good set of sticky rubber may be useful - Toyo proxes T1R's are excellent others here may have suggestions. What tyres do you have currently by the way??

Linda

x

Edited by turbonut (see edit history)