The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hi from dhaka bd, found supra:rare

asad

hey there guys i am asad, from dhaka bangladesh. i have come across this mint 94 supra twin turbo 6 speed manual with 36000miles, i need to know a few things before purchasing as i am not use to supras and there are only few around, this being the only manual tt hence the word rare! the car has been single owner since new and was a direct import from japan, the owner was an elderly gentleman so the car has never been thrased or abused.

i went and drove the car its phenomenally fast and stops brilliantly too, only query is the rear diff light kept coming on as i drove it and its very firm and jerky like its always ready to pounce. i just need to know what is that light and if this jerky tightness is normal. it keeps the powerband alive at all times it seems. it probably has LSD which is why it barely spins. i will try upload a pic of the engine bay the mint stock low miler 2JZ-GTE.

pls tell me what to expect when driving one of these and can i use it everyday? also fuel cons? reliability, service costs? i dont intend to use it daily but i may just get addicted it seems even though i have 9 other cars!

let me know asap please, need to make up mind.

regards

asm.

020220092640.jpg

020220092639.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

asking price wont appeal to you all there, our country prices are weird, we buy 94 shoguns for 12000GBP, so... this i may have to pay 14000 pounds in your currency!! also a C200 class mercedes is 80k gbp so taxes are really high!!

Wow, crazy prices :D

Well, if its as rare as you say then I think if you're happy with the overall condition etc then go for it :)

Engine bay looks totally stock, so no problems with having it for a daily driver. As for the jerking I'm not sure. Also I've never seen a supra with a 'diff warning' light?

the light flashing is a cont slip or something like that light located on extreme right of dash board in this rhd car. Car has no dents or repaint touch ups, been serviced regularly and taken on long road trips. My only query now stands is the gearshift supposed to be this tight and jerky? When accelerating, it spins wheels in from 1st to 2nd and 3rd. Comes with 2 sets of wheels, a carton of mobil 1s and some filters and stuff. I think i'll go for it. By the way we have a 08 lotus exige s too. Will post pics asap. Have only video of supra.

hello proud mk4 owners!! just writing in to tell you all that i have paid a deposit on the supra tt 6sp!!! should be getting her home the following week. uploading a pic of the car from the rear.

it has many things which i will be removing to make it back to stock so dont get shocked seeing it! the previous owner an elderly gentleman had done it up in his own way, i will be getting it back to shape asap. only thing worrying me is i hope i dont end up with much to do to it mechanically. she runs like a dream though and had been carefully maintained by the prev owner. i will be removing the additional exhaust he fitted and all the stickers and decals other than OE. but one thing he did that i cannot change is he put in a sunroof :taped:. i hope that doesnt affect anything else in the car. it has 59k kms on it.

i003.jpg

hey mate, my parents are from pakistan so i been there a few times and last year bumped into a supra owner! was pretty shocked at first 'A SUPRA IN PAKISTAN WOW!'. He though was having a few fueling issues. the petrol there is so dirty and filled up with so much junk (dilluted with water etc.) that its pathetic getting good quality juice in and getting any good performance. dont you think you may have the same problem in bangladesh?

we do have bad juice problems here too but thats only in certain filling stations in the outskirts of the city and other parts of the country, where we fill from and from where this car has been filling from is the best army operated fuelling stations in the country and absolutely no bad gas ever goes in these cars, we have other high performance 997 turbos and sl65 amgs in our city too which use few specific stations to fill up from!

Hi and welcome to MKIV TT ownership. I have seen a Red TT with a sun roof over here in the UK, I don't think I have seen another. The biggest problem will be if the roof leaks, as far shell stability is concerned it should be fine.

As you may not be certain what quality of fuel has been used in the past, I would suggest filling up with goof fuel then running the tank low, with out pushing the car too hard, then filling up with the best you can get. Take out the two main EFI fuses for ten minutes to reset the ECU. When you replace the fuses and run the car it will "learn" the fuel and adjust the ECU over 50 miles or so. The car may be a littel rough at first but this should soon go away.