The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TTE wheels again - colour ?

Kim1978

I got my TTE wheels a while back but I got a bit surprise because they look much brighter than the ones I have seen on this forum. And the center piece is different is as well. Mine looks like these

But I wanted to have the darker colour like the ones fron Burna and Michael. Or maybe my eyes are just f*cked up....I'm getting old now :(

Anyone know the colour code or if they are different?

Its not a paint finish. They machine the wheel back and apply clear lacquer. The inner part of the wheel is a dark grey. I had mine refurbed and just used a standard dark grey that Pristine had.

They look much better but the finish does have corrosion issues.

Closer shot of one of mine that shows the diamond finish - it's under lots of coats of clear and really comes alive in the sun. Lots of very straight angles to throw the light off like a CD.

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/supra/mine/wheels/tte-wheels-04.JPG

Beautiful isn't it? Especially when you catch it in the light of street lamps and other cars at night.

It is easily the best finish of any of the Supra's wheels IMO. :)