The mkiv Supra Owners Club

back to n/a

supraspeed

The money you have spent on this car taking it backwards sounds like a mistake to me, I would do one of two things

Sell it and move on, you have a car that seems to have been through some poor workshops in its time and the love seems to be lost from reading your posts, and I know from bitter experience that the car will never be the same once this happens

Bit the bullet, get it to a good gargage to access the car fully and get it sorted, It seems to me that if you get the single working you have a good base car, I would fit a second hand 5 speed and run modest boost levels, it should be ok, I fear the fitment may have been the issue in your past experience, I have to add that getting it sorted at one of the better tuners will not be cheap so think abut the above option before you decide

Can you tell us what is wrong with the car right now, apart from having no gearbox ?, i might have someone who would be interested :innocent:

If you must keep it, couldn't you consider an R154 gearbox instead? It'll be cheaper, hold a lot more power than a W58, and it's much more common.. plus it would give you more money to put into getting the rest of your car working properly.

Just a thought. :)

The money you have spent on this car taking it backwards sounds like a mistake to me, I would do one of two things

Sell it and move on, you have a car that seems to have been through some poor workshops in its time and the love seems to be lost from reading your posts, and I know from bitter experience that the car will never be the same once this happens

Bit the bullet, get it to a good gargage to access the car fully and get it sorted, It seems to me that if you get the single working you have a good base car, I would fit a second hand 5 speed and run modest boost levels, it should be ok, I fear the fitment may have been the issue in your past experience, I have to add that getting it sorted at one of the better tuners will not be cheap so think abut the above option before you decide

Can you tell us what is wrong with the car right now, apart from having no gearbox ?, i might have someone who would be interested :innocent:

it currently has a low mileage 5spd in so i can drive around. currently the problems are as follows:

need to remap as i have no idea what its running at

fuel guage and speedo not working (thinks its the converter chip i bought for the speedo playing up)

small chip on rear bumper below light and small paint crack below it- minor things but still adds to the list lol.

boot has no plastics/moulds as they were all cracked when i bought the car so i removed them.

alternator just packed in so getting it sorted next week

Doesnt sound like allot wrong with it. You just gotta put your mind to it and get it done. Has the head gasket been changed to alter the compression for the single. As that is the only big job i could see, the rest of it could all be taken off and swapped back in a weekend.

no idea. would be strange not to have been done though as all the parts under the bonnet are apexi and blitz hks etc so whoever did the conversion would have spent a fair bit of money. no idea why it never came with a 6 speed though. seems like they either put it back to stock or never bothered in the first place.

I thought there wasnt anything wrong with the turbo set up, just the small issues you mentioned earlier.

there isn't but a few people have told me the tt engine is just better than the n/a one. just wondering if it would play better with a tt engine rather than a n/a- also being single i was wondering if it would be better?