The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Yet another 'what's it worth' question

Homer

This is just for insurance purposes, I'm not selling, despite the offers :D

94 GZ aero, converted to NA and 5spd and a CAT D write off (but fully registered, undamaged, MOT'd, taxed, etc). It's pretty much bog standard apart from Tein adjustable suspension.

What is the market value for that? I know it's not a lot but would appreciate honest opinions, they won't offend :D I have an idea, but just want to make sure it's not completely off target.

If everything is where it should be then £1k IMO.

About 2k as its an aero.

I was thinking around the £1k mark but only because of the aero top, but have seen similar catd cars go for thousands more (probably wrongfully so), still not sure what it's real value is. It's very hard to gauge right now, but if it were a hardtop I'd expect it to be near worthless.

Sorry to butt in.

A fully repaired CAT C Aero with body kit. Currently up for sale at 3.5k. Whats that worth?

From what ive read about the car trade a Cat D is approx 75% of its pre damaged value and a Cat C is approx 50% of its pre damaged value.

Just done a little more looking on prices today to see what NA 5spd aero's are going for and couldn't find anything near £2.5k let alone £1.5k. Even the £2.5k ones were rough/dodgy or high mileage.

Trade value might be £1.5k at best, but replacement value for insurance purposes surely must be more? It's for an agreed value policy which is why I need to find a realistic price.

What prices have you found them going for? Take an average, and a little bit off and you've got the value of your car.

You're trying to find a value that would allow you to get the same car in the current market, obviously a little less than the non-CAT-damaged cars but not far off.

Just done a little more looking on prices today to see what NA 5spd aero's are going for and couldn't find anything near £2.5k let alone £1.5k. Even the £2.5k ones were rough/dodgy or high mileage.

Trade value might be £1.5k at best, but replacement value for insurance purposes surely must be more? It's for an agreed value policy which is why I need to find a realistic price.

Is this Dudes old car? If so does the fact it was once one of, if not the fastest Supra in Europe make any odds? Bit of history to it and all that.

What prices have you found them going for? Take an average, and a little bit off and you've got the value of your car.

You're trying to find a value that would allow you to get the same car in the current market, obviously a little less than the non-CAT-damaged cars but not far off.

I found 6 cars from various places, between advertised and actual sale prices, it's come out at £3600 average, so minus the usual 25% for a CAT D, it'd be £2700.

Is this Dudes old car? If so does the fact it was once one of, if not the fastest Supra in Europe make any odds? Bit of history to it and all that.

Yep, it's Dudes old car so a bit of a special one, but unfortunately that won’t make a bit of difference if the worse were to happen (which really shouldn't with an NA lump!)

The question is what would it cost in todays market to buy you a Supra of the same spec or convert one to the same spec ?

Would £2700 be enough for that, based on its current guise i don't think that would be enough. The fact that its a manual n/a aerotop means there isn't much to compare it too.

The only comparable car i can see is Jody t's and thats on the market at £5200.