The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got my O2 sensor fitted

Lbm

Yep- it's not really exciting, but I thought my ratio of 1 supra related post to 1500 silly ones was in need of updating.

Please note this in not my "How to replace your O2 sensor" thread. It's merely I bought a new camera and I'm trying it out.

It's the Panasonic FZ28, which comes with a 27-486mm lens.

This is of course a library shot.

I arrive at Dave's garage in Edgware- he's a mate of mine who's serviced my cars for 20 years.

To get the excuses out of the way, the shots were mostly handheld, with the camera set to auto. I will be endeavouring to take more shots using aperture priority and shutter priority and chosing white balance etc...

It does shoot RAW file too, but I'm sticking with JPEG for the mo...as I'm new to this lark and as you may say...a bit sh!t.

Dave's Scooby- he needs to crack on and fix it. I guess like many garage owners, finding the time to work on your own car can be tricky...The scooby's problem?? Dave knows I'm not mechanically minded (or photographically so it seems) so he assures me it's the nobulating trunion dibbler which has sprung a leak.

Ah..What's this?

To the ramp then... (not that it was used)

Air filter and pipage removed

In the style of Keith Moon, Dave fiddles about...fiddles about!

Out with the old O2 sensor...

...in with the new one...

This is a shot of a long tool that was holding the camera.

That's it. So what can we learn?

Next week I shall be mostly taking out of focus shots of my Kebab encounters. There is of course a thread already running, currently expecting my work.

Edited by Lbm (see edit history)

I endorse your car colour choice.

The shoes, however, I'm ambivalent about, not a look I could pull off.

-Ian

Im looking forward to the kebab shots!!;)

wow your posting skills are almost as shoddy as your camera work :D :rlol:

Gentlemen- thank you :D

On a more serious note what were the symptons of a failing O2 sensor, other than bad fuel economy.

I based changing it due to recent poor economy and that the car has done 100,000 miles. Given I've driven it for 75000 of those miles, I anticipated the O2 would be the original one and on its last legs.

It remains to be seen what happens to the economy over the next week or two? :)

Edit: I should add we (Dave) removed the two Ecu fuses for a short while, so it would reset. I believe this is the correct thing to do after a sensor change.

Edited by Lbm (see edit history)