The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My lack of luck!

supraspeed

Ok my 6spd gearbox still hasn't turned up after over a month now! called them 3 weeks ago (international car spares) and they hadn't even dismantled the car yet!!! Gave them a bollocking and told them to sort it out fast. got back from holiday yesterday and phoned work to see if had arrived and nothing! phoned them an hour ago and guess what..... apparantly have been trying to get hold of me but couldn't find my number :rolleyes: and after waiting on hold listening to some arguing on the other end, told me that the outer casing or something like that had been cracked and broken!!! after explaining to the cluless bloke that i need what i paid for "the WHOLE gearbox", that without the shell/casing is useless to me as its a 5spd conversion. Told me they would call back asap and explain the situation.....still waiting an hour now

waiting for a really good explanation or else!!!

Driving me insane!!!:bang:

prob is i dont think i can find myself a cheeper 6spd. i paid just over £1000 inc ...ironically...delivery. this just messes up all my plans if i can't get another one. i should demand they either refund all cash or find me another low mileage box and they pay the difference on it

TBH your 'luck' is mainly down to you not listening to the advice given on the forums.

i wouldn't say that is mainly the reason at all. i do listen to advice and frequently ask questions before proceeding into buying parts etc. i have been a bit foolish in the past i agree but now everything seems to be dissasociated with my actions.

i was told the box was in good condition and had low mileage before i bought it so another company lies to me again. apart from inspecting it myself i couldn't have done any more than what i did. i was very thorough in explaining to the company what i wanted etc before i parted with the cash and the rest is down to them.

still no fone call....i'l give it half an hour then i'l ring em

wondering what it would be worth without the new box...dread to think :(

Edited by supraspeed (see edit history)

spoke to them today and after telling them to refund all my money straight away they said i had to phone another department which were once again "unavailable" until monday. Time to sell the car i think, cut losses, get something else. had enough

With all your posts about troubles with the car i cant see you selling it for much.

With all your posts about troubles with the car i cant see you selling it for much.

i'l get some minor things sorted and sell it as a half turbo n/a project probably. somebody is always up for a challenge. somebody with money. or a chav will see "orange supra" regardless of anything else and snatch it up :D

Sorry, I'm not being serious,

put it in the for sale section or just break for spares, from the previous thread I think we worked out you'd get a lot more back that way

i hate the fact i'm gonna loose thousands. just put on brand new UK discs and pads and goodridge lines as well :(

i would like another supe but only a manual tt, my mates getting a gt4 soon and i can't let him up stage me lol :D

i wouldn't say that is mainly the reason at all. i do listen to advice and frequently ask questions before proceeding into buying parts etc. i have been a bit foolish in the past i agree but now everything seems to be dissasociated with my actions.

i was told the box was in good condition and had low mileage before i bought it so another company lies to me again. apart from inspecting it myself i couldn't have done any more than what i did. i was very thorough in explaining to the company what i wanted etc before i parted with the cash and the rest is down to them.

still no fone call....i'l give it half an hour then i'l ring em

wondering what it would be worth without the new box...dread to think :(

On all your threads people keep telling you to choose companies by their reputation yet you still go with whoever is cheapest, which has now worked out far more expensive than just going with a reputable place to start with.

Regarding selling up- as noted above, your car is worth far more in parts than as a whole, the only downside to breaking it up is once you start you are commited to the break up.

On all your threads people keep telling you to choose companies by their reputation yet you still go with whoever is cheapest, which has now worked out far more expensive than just going with a reputable place to start with.

Regarding selling up- as noted above, your car is worth far more in parts than as a whole, the only downside to breaking it up is once you start you are commited to the break up.

the gearbox place wasn't cheap! cost me a fortune lol. yeah ok i see what ur saying though. i dont think i have it in me to break the car and i think i'm commited to a cause. as far as i know i think another 6 speed box was available with higher miles on so i might inquire into that with them and ask for a massive discount for my inconvenience or the rest of the parts for free for the rest of the conversion inc the other box. i'l talk to them mon if they answer the phone this time :rolleyes: