The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HID Bulbs -- BellOf

Jellybean

Hi

Car: 93 JSPEC

I have the Bellof kit (not too sure which one, has red ballast packs but models now seem to be all blue)

A few Questions

1. Does the bulb dictate the Temperature or the actual Ballast?(4000K bulb or 6000K Bulb )
  2. I have new Facelift Headlights, and some condensation inside - I heard you use the uk SPEC bulbs (9006) instead of JSPEC (9005) for a better Seal to solve this?

I have had 4300, 5000 and 6000k bulbs. I think you have to take the scales with a pinch of salt and only make comparisons between Kelvin ratings from the same seller.........my 6000K are the brightest white I have ever had on the car.....no particular blue tint from any angle, just extremely bright white.