The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heya

Guest Syn

Alrite everyone. Been thinking for a while about either getting a 2nd car for the weekend or selling my FTO and buying something different, so got a couple of questions for you. I love the styling of the supra, one of the best looking cars made.Only the rx7 beats it imo but can't afford one of them and need a reliable car - not exactly what the rex is known for!!

What mpg do you get from an n/a supra compared to a TT?

How much would it cost to buy a supra TT with a blown engine and rebuild it?

These answers will help me along in my decision :D

Some people are on holiday but I think we're probably just fed up of answering the same questions over and over again :)

Welcome to the forum though, good luck finding your broken Supra, they don't tend to blow their engines that much as standard and the tuned ones attract a premium price.

What's your budget? £40? £50?

Aren't RX7's cheaper to buy than TT Supras? They always used to be - no offence but if you can't afford a Rex - either the purchase or running costs - you won't be able to afford a Supra either. Supras are mega reliable though, unlike the Rex as you point out.

You're more likely to find a crash damaged Supra to rebuild than one with a blown engine.

Some people are on holiday but I think we're probably just fed up of answering the same questions over and over again :)

Welcome to the forum though, good luck finding your broken Supra, they don't tend to blow their engines that much as standard and the tuned ones attract a premium price.

What's your budget? £40? £50?

Nice 1 mate very helpfull, maybe use that £40 to go buy some new toys for your pram or call a chatline...

Aren't RX7's cheaper to buy than TT Supras? They always used to be - no offence but if you can't afford a Rex - either the purchase or running costs - you won't be able to afford a Supra either. Supras are mega reliable though, unlike the Rex as you point out.

You're more likely to find a crash damaged Supra to rebuild than one with a blown engine.

Yeah they are mate but unreliable and £3k engine rebuild every 60k apparently. Yeah I've been reading through the guide to buying and the engines do seem bullet proof. I had a highly tuned STI but didnt like the 16mpg I was getting from it, would have been okay if it was for the weekends but as a daily drive it was not worth it.If a TT is going to be 18/19mpg then obviously I'd have to look at either that as a weekend car. Or the other way to go is sell my FTO and buy an N/A supra as 26mpg average is about the same as what I'm getting now, then maybe look at something else like another sti with a blown engine as they can be bought cheap if blown and rebuilt to a high standard.

TT mpg....average 18 / 19. Slightly more if a lot of motorway driving.

Max about 28/30...min depends on how you drive.

N/A mpg....no idea, but a search in here will reveal all. I seem to remember someone posting around 26 mpg.

Thankyou mate, just the answer I was looking for :)