The mkiv Supra Owners Club

best suspension for bumps

Guest adam b

Oem

Definetly OEM if you are living in an area with bad roads (and around Evesham I can understand why you're asking).

RSR are mostly race stuff and tend to be extremely hard. My old setup was bone jarring when driving around rural roads in the west country.

Bearly all Tein options are going to be similar, even of the softest settings are still very hard by comparison. Are you driving on rural roads?

Definetly OEM if you are living in an area with bad roads (and around Evesham I can understand why you're asking).

RSR are mostly race stuff and tend to be extremely hard. My old setup was bone jarring when driving around rural roads in the west country.

Bearly all Tein options are going to be similar, even of the softest settings are still very hard by comparison. Are you driving on rural roads?

*Sorry to hijack your thread a little Adam, but if my Supra has been lowered (be previous owner) would that make the ride much harder?

On the softest setting id say tein superstreets are very close to oem, i could hardley tell the difference.

Did that have stock wheels on when you went to the soft settings? I'm just wondering if you were on 19's when comparing the two as 19's will make even stock spings feel quite hard on the bumps.

My experience is quite different to that with the superstreets, it was far harder than stock with the height up and the dampers on soft.

Did that have stock wheels on when you went to the soft settings?

My experience is quite different to that with the superstreets, it was far harder than stock with the height up and the dampers on soft.

I had the siennas on when changing to superstreets, still with stock topmounts and i could not tell the difference in damping when on softest.

thanks for getting back to me lads ,,,,,,oem or tein then a ,,, will have to think about it the softest ride is what is after the roads here are very bad !!

hi lads could anyone recommend the best suspension for soaking up the bumps on the road i was thinking tein or rsr but not sure

Mr Wilson's is the best you can get.

It's also good for roads without bumps, with or without corners, humps, lumps, general disrepair and other elements associated with travelling from A to an approximation of B!