The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Start up idle

Burble Burble

Wonder if anyone has any idea on this, my Mk IV TT starts OK, runs at 1000rpm, does this for about 20 30 seconds then dies down to 400 or lower, if i leave it it stalls and won't restart, turns over fine but doesn't fire up.

If i do the above and start it, hold the throttle at 1000 and wait till the temp reaches about 120F, then lift off the engine stays at 1000? I don't know if its the temperature or the length of time that's the trigger as if i come off the throttle at 120 deg sometimes it still dips but then goes back to 1000. Once passed this glitch it runs fine. Would the Lambda sensor do this?

The cars a K reg if that makes a difference

mine is doing the same thing the now...kind of...would start ok but would only run if I gave it some gas and hael the revs till it built up a bit of heat...then would idle. The clip holding my TPS in is broken so I gave it a wiggle and made sure it had a good connection and it starts from cold now. Although its still very rough on idle and sound slike its going to cut out...going to check the throttle control valve.

Also where would I get an O2 sensor to see if thats the problem?