The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cant help but want more power!

JamieP

Pretty happy with my setup but would still like some more power, thinking of maybe buying a turbo that will bolt directly inplace of my T67 so in a couple of hours and a flick of a switch to swap maps i could have more power, and swap back whenever i want, thinking along the lines of a T71GTS Dbb with the billet wheel or a Gt4294R. 700BHP would be nice. any other direct replacement turbos you can suggest?

Or shall i just go cams first?:search:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is that, the T67 spools so fast its almost like a powerfull NA, i could certainly live with a 1000rpm knocked of the spool if it means 700bhp.

What about the T51R? It's what I'll buy again once my GT4088R dies & the damn exchange rate comes back (prolly in about 5 years :D)

What about the T51R? It's what I'll buy again once my GT4088R dies & the damn exchange rate comes back (prolly in about 5 years :D)

To much agro to fit, it has to be direct replacment for me to consider it, exchange rate is whats stopping me at the min tbh.

What happened to "the best setup is ~600bhp with good spool"?

Ignore that, just get a massive, reeeeally laggy turbo. I'll wave when I pass you at Llandow. ;) :D

What about... I almost dread saying it.... NOS, for that occasional boost of extra power? Like Simon says, whatever turbo you get you'll get used to it; NOS is an occasional boost.

Or maybe even a race fuel map?

Depends on what size ar but will be around 650-700 uk bhp id have thought.

sorry mate I didnt explain that well :D

I mean how much over your current turbo, for example 50bhp more at 5k and between which rpm's it'll hit the 700bhp figure etc.

I only ask as soom of the dyno printouts I've seen with larger turbos seem to have a peak bhp that's quite short lived so a larger turbo maybe be down across the rest of the rev range to your current turbo but may have 100bhp more between say 6500-7000rpm so it might not be worth changing over :search:

What happened to "the best setup is ~600bhp with good spool"?

Ignore that, just get a massive, reeeeally laggy turbo. I'll wave when I pass you at Llandow. ;) :D :D :D

A man has needs:D on hindsight i may just stay as i am, bignum got me thinking with the "reliability" thing.

Boy am i gonna hand it to you at Llandow, watch out!!:D