The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Omg my head is about to explode

SupraTRD83

I think my head is about to explode!!! :blink:[sHOCK][/sHOCK]

Right I own a 1996 Supra Jap Import, now im wanting to upgrade the headlight bulbs (didnt expect it to be to hard), so i went and ordered some, they came and i tried to install them, all went in fine apart from the wire harness, turns out when i looked inside it had 2 tracks inside same as the harness and it jap cars you need the 9006's because they have the 1 track line so the harness fits into it perfect. so i asked him to send me the 9006's, here they are now, tried to install them and they just wont F@~:'' fit in the bulb holder, the harness connects etc but the 3 plastic bits on the outside of the bulb dont match up properly to the ones inside the supra to get the bulb into place. so im left with 2 9005's that the harness wont plug into and 2 9006's that the harness fits into but wont fit into the bulb holder of the car ARGH!!! what is this all about? the stock ones went back in within 5 seconds but the 9006's just wont go in, the worst part is i cant see why they wont go in because the stock one has the same 3 plastic bits to pop an twist in the bulb but the 9005's bottom plastic one (of the 3) is slightly to the left while the 9006's bottom plastic bit is slightly to the right but the stock one is just one long big plastic bit so i cant understand why the hell the 9006's wont go in??? its like i need the 9005 fittings with a 9006 track to fit the harness. any ideas cos im blowing up here :(

dont toyota no what fits in the car? :D

Apparently not. Just get some wire snips, clip the utside lugs so they twist in and file down the two ridges inside the uk bulb. I spent £27 and a whole afternoon trying to solve this issue.

Mr T on here may have some but now I know the details I will be getting a 9005 and "amending" it myself as it's not that difficult!!

H.

can see cahnging a bulb is going to take me hours of fun

Can you post up some pictures of what you have got. I thought that my thread would have made this easier for other people, hence me taking ages to post up pictures etc......:rolleyes:

M45sey may have a point though!!

H.