The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paint a seibon carbon hood

Supradk

hey people...

I got a seibon carbon hood on my supra. i have decided to paint some of it in the same colour as the car(black) here is link with pictures of my car and you can see what need to be painted black. after the black paint it will get clear coated(transparant paint) outside tape black and middle still carbon.

http://bilgalleri.dk/html/alb_vis.asp?AlbumID=39011

Will it works on seibon hoods or will it be damage??

thanks kåre

Exactly what Im thinking of doing with a Top Secret bonnet. Similar to the BMW ones (cant remember the name, sounds like something else, like a brewery or a rifle maker or something).

Paul Mac has something similar on his. I cant see it damaging anything though!

I'd keep it carbon, maybe get a carbon TRD blade for the spoiler to match? It helps give more detail to the car and breaks up the colour IMO.

i already have carbon blade and end caps on my trd spoiler. i think that hood its a little to much carbon. thats why i want paint so of it;)

You shouldn't have a problem with painting the carbon. I sprayed mine with a clear red clearcote (see garage) and as lone as you prepare it properly it'll be fine. Just be aware that they can be coated in silicone when they are in the mould, so you have to make sure you degrease it otherwise little bubbles of silicone will pop through the paint.