The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hi!!

Guest krisrt

i have allways loved supras so im not new to the site but i think its about time i sort my self out with my dream car (now money and insurance costs will allow lol)

but unfortunately due to my private number plate reg T im going to be looking for one T or newer which from my searches their hard to come by, im not in a rush but what does every one think my luck will be in pickin up a TT manual T reg or newer with tidy miles? and for what price?

thanks kris

...but what does every one think my luck will be in pickin up a TT manual T reg or newer with tidy miles?

Your chances are slim, there are cars out there but they don't come up for sale that often, you'll need to be patient, in the right place at the right time and probably prepared to pay a premium for a car that might not be your first colour choice.

Good luck.

im sure i have seen this car on the fourm but i guess this is what your looking for and cheap as hell!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1999-V-TOYOTA-SUPRA-3-0-TWIN-TURBO-VVTi-FACELIFT_W0QQitemZ280263716966QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item280263716966&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A7%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

it has done some mileage but toyotas are strong cars but its an auto :(

thanks all i appreciate the comments!

just thought do you reckon id have more luck if i imported one myself?

I'd speak to Jurgen on here. Importing is his business.

Remember, the Japanese Yen is strong at the moment meaning whether you or anyone buys a Supe from Japan, it ain't going to be cheap. Jurgen's contacts will probably be better than yours :)

yep we can find one for you ...

what you need is a 99 model up to april ..

cheers

thanks jurgen

that was easy! lol

let me know what you find and prices im looking to spend 10k tops doesnt matter about colour nore state of tune and in no rush as im gona need my car for a few months before i sell it.

thanks again!!

right iv come to the realisation that if i want a supra i better had ditch the "keeping the private plate idea" and get an older one, a RZ TT 6 manual for that matter.

But iv been doing some reading and iv got a bit scared, i know obviously that a 3L TT engine is gona drink fuel but in general people are saying to own a TT is F in expensive, if this is true what are the usall running costs (have done a search on this but all that came up is that its expensive an not exactly where and when you have to shell out)? this is gona be my every day drive so will i go through back tyres often?

whats everyones opinion on this?

thanks kris

right iv come to the realisation that if i want a supra i better had ditch the "keeping the private plate idea" and get an older one, a RZ TT 6 manual for that matter.

But iv been doing some reading and iv got a bit scared, i know obviously that a 3L TT engine is gona drink fuel but in general people are saying to own a TT is F in expensive, if this is true what are the usall running costs (have done a search on this but all that came up is that its expensive an not exactly where and when you have to shell out)? this is gona be my every day drive so will i go through back tyres often?

whats everyones opinion on this?

thanks kris

Going through tyres and high fuel consumption is also about your driving style. So, as it's going to be your everyday car, initially I'd drive it as it's meant to be driven, which means you'll go through a set of tyres quickly and experience high fuel bills- then calm down with it and it's not too bad :)

Servicing isn't expensive either. They're still pretty reliable.

I've had mine 9 years and apart from going BPU, buying new wheels and putting on a new body kit last year- My servicing was about £150 a year- Yours may be a bit higher, depending on your monthly mileage.