The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Turbo Boost Controlling

DannoSupra

Ryan advises the ECU controlling boost. I would suggest this as i dont belive you need more than 2 or 3 settings anyway.

Low - for when you have to use 95 ron

High - for all the time

Stupidly high - when you need to risk the lift of your engine for that little extra.

You can fit a 2 way switch which can control hi/low but you could also fit another switch which cuts the PWM feed to the solenoid and would then just give wastegate pressure depending on how it was plumbed.

I normally just set it up so it works in closed loop. High switch for high boost but in the lower speeds is lower to aid with traction and then low for just low boost

Ryan

Going to be ditching my avcr and going for aem controlled boost myself when i get my new turbo on :)

Fancy mapping it Ryan ? ;) Its still on it's low boost map at the mo from when i had the engine done.

I have Boost solenoids in stock guys for £40 if you need me to bring one when mapping.

:thumbs: Marty

Just let me know about 3 weeks in advanced for booking in chaps

Ryan

Edited by Ryan.G (see edit history)