The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Immigrant from Celica-club.co.uk- just got my new Supra!!!

Dave_SZ-R

Hey everyone,

Traded in my Gen7 SS-II Celica yesterday for a lovely gunmetal grey SZ-R 6 speed manual with afew bits and bobs including:

Veilside bodykit (Ill be changing my front bumper shortly!)

Inovite (*cough* TE37s *cough*) 18 inch wheels

5Zigen exhaust system

Tein suspension

Unknown drivers seat

Veilside gearknob

Pirellis

Im a complete noob to the club, so prepare for all kinds of daft questions (How many wheels does the mkiv Supra have?) and ideas.

Id love to hear opinions on my car, things I should know about ownership and any ideas you guys have to improve it (who said buy a twin turbo?!).

Im a serial modifier, and love to go fast, so any parts swaps/ bargains on the go, just give me a shout!

Dave.

DaveCar09 007.jpg

DaveCar09 004.jpg

DaveCar09 006.jpg

Welcome to the site- the seat looks a bit like a Recaro to me

Yep. it's definately a Recaro. I've seen a few Supras come through from Japan fitted with these (Although this is the first time i've ever seen just a drivers one fitted, i've only seen these fitted in pairs before)

I always assumed it was a dealer option upgrade.

:hello:&:welcome: to the club

Love the colour of your car and there's plenty of time for you to make it your own :)

Aren't your sideskirts bomex ones, cause they're the same as mine and I'm sure mine aren't veilside??

I dont know Lynz!!!

Again, Im a noob here, so if Ive made any mistakes with the spec of my car, or you spot any bits that I havent, just let me know!

One question Id like to ask is: where does the SZ-R sit in the range of n/a mkivs? Also, does it have a diff? It seems to slide really rather nicely... :p

Looks like a bit of a miss-match at the moment! I'm sure you'll be sorting it out shortly though! :D

Welcome by the way! and I have that steering wheel in my MR2! :p

I must agree, Im going to use the word 'mish-mash'.

Im currently fancying Do-Luck front & TRD wing- I do believe that will look rather splendid.

Best place to buy Supra body bits anyone?

Also, how much torque does the 2jz-ge make in the n/a Supra?

Hi and welcome mate,good tip for you.

Lose the veilside and you will be on the road to better things

Im getting the feeling that the Veilside spoiler isn't popular on here! I must admit, I find it a bit 'ricey' too. I really fancy the TRD spoiler actually- best Ive seen so far.

Any thoughts on the old Do-Luck front/ TRD spoiler look folks?

Also any Edinburgh owners on here?