The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Despoiler Grommets?

DAT Inter

In a tube, the same stuff that's used in bathrooms and kitchens etc.

It sticks to almost anything, once applied it will cure but it remains flexible (like rubber) and waterproof.

Like the stuff below for example.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/62431/Sealants-Adhesives/Sealants/All-Weather-Sealants/Dow-Corning-791-Weatherproof-Silicone-Black

Edited by merckx (see edit history)

rubber gromets. that will look hidious . take the plastic from inside the boot off cover the holes with some fiberglass resin and fill the holes at the top, then it looks nice

I have rubber gromets and they look fine, not really noticeable. You can get em in Halfords etc. It's all very well filling in, but then you have to paint too, and it ends up being a pita.

Unless you're getting rid of a ghastly spoiler you might as well keep the stock one on. The only way to make a despoilered car look nice is to fill the holes and repaint the rear hatch, it'd look horrible to have some ugly plastic fillers, it's a complete half arsed job :(

The only reason that wanted the grommets was to plug up the holes long enough for me to drive around, see if i like the car without it, and not let any water in to the boot or between the boot layers to start causing corrosion.

That way if i dont like it, i can pop the spoiler back on, and not have any water in my boot.

i'm sorry but this is a great idea, i have seriously been considering despoilering mine once i have my spats/skirts fitted but never knew if i'd like it. So when the time comes i'll just pop some grommets in for a couple of weeks and if i like it then i'll send it off to get filled and painted. :)

• 1 month later...