The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What Seats?

pjavon

Hi All

Just bought myself a Supra, but unfortunately the seats are a bit worn and seem to be giving me back ache! first time i blamed it on work (been fitting steel the day before) but had a great drive yesterday, really enjoyed it, but woke up in the night again with back ache.

So it seems I'll have to get some seats earlier than I'd hoped.

So what seats have people used, any pic's of them fitted would be great, they have to be recliners as i need to get my little girl in the back and no more than £550 pounds really as I've only just bought the car!

The cheaper the better but don't want rubbish one's or do people think a re-trim is a better idea, but bear in mind i live in wales so i haven't got much chose in company's

Any help/advise would be really appreciated

Thanks Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Getting bucket seats will not particulary help you back :p I found stock pre-facelift seats most comfortable, done couple trips to Poland and back in Supras and my back was fine. Do not put leather on seats - they look good but not nice at summer (sticky) and winter (freezing cold).

Konrad - have you had both the leather and pre-facelift fabric seats in your collection of cars? I'm wondering if they're the same base or not.

The Leather seats I have are extremely comfortable, but too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter - plus any spirited driving tends to result in sliding off of the seat! The pre-facelift fabric seats I have have none of those problems, but give me back pain! I'm wondering if they're just worn, or if they're different.. :)

Konrad - have you had both the leather and pre-facelift fabric seats in your collection of cars? I'm wondering if they're the same base or not.

The Leather seats I have are extremely comfortable, but too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter - plus any spirited driving tends to result in sliding off of the seat! The pre-facelift fabric seats I have have none of those problems, but give me back pain! I'm wondering if they're just worn, or if they're different.. :)

I think yours are worn then. Jola's Aerotop have leather seats - those was slightly more firm then fabric ones. I found fabric most comfortable, facelifts sitting too low.

Getting bucket seats will not particulary help you back :p I found stock pre-facelift seats most comfortable, done couple trips to Poland and back in Supras and my back was fine. Do not put leather on seats - they look good but not nice at summer (sticky) and winter (freezing cold).

alacantra centres sort that problem, no?

My experience is the opposite to yours, I didn't like my standard seats at all (standard UK leathers) as they gave me back ache, also as they were shallow sides they didn't hold me in very well.

I've got Recaro SR's now (same as OEM) and I find them a lot better, I can drive the car any distance and not have back ache at all.

I'm quite a big bloke though, 6' and 16 stone.

Been looking at this and have noticed the pedals are off-set a bit to the seat, so i'm blaming the seat but not to sure if it's the fact i'm twisting when sat in the car:(

Done a small journey yesterday and tried to sit square on to the pedals and i felt fine:d but at the weekend i also put some extra padding under the plate with the springs on under the seat so could also have something to do with that:rolleyes:

Anyway i'm going to see how it goes for a while as i don't really want to spend money on the seats at the moment.