The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na Aero to Big single 6 speed Aero Project

supradibbs

This project started well guess nearly 2 years ago i just wanted to restart the thread as the car is currently undergoing more changes

If a mod can move this too the project section would be great

It all started with th sale of my beloved black single 6 speed, after selling i soon found myself wanting it back, that off course was not gonna happen as it was now living in Denmark.

So what better time than to build my ultimate Supra a big single 6 speed Areotop.

Firstly i sourced a smashed 6 speed which already had a T78 conversion Apexi ECU exhaust and a few handy parts, i spent around 2 months stripping parts i needed and parts too sell on the generate some cash flow for the project.

Thanks for Colin aka CJ who supplied me a tierd but netherless a great NA Areotop for a bargin price condition was not imoprtant as i had big plans off a ground up rebuild

I will start with a few pictures of the donor cars sadly some off the very first pics got lost but here goes.

The two cars together

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/supradibbs/CIMG</p><p> 0222.jpg

A try fitting off the kit

Edited by supradibbs (see edit history)

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Missed this completely the first time round, surprised there were no responses for so long!

I knew you'd done a lot of work on the car to get it to where it is today but never realised how much until now. Please get the rest of the pics up Wayne :thumbs:

I ran the car for about 6 months but went through about 4 or for front main oil seals.

The car was taken too lee at SRD where we noticed damage o the end of the crank, it was quickly decided to take the car to the next level

Jamie sold me the engine from his old red supra which had spun a shell and required new bearings new piston and new rod

i placed a order with Titan for the replaced cp piston corrilo rod new rings and new clips, the rest off the spec included titan main caps.

Also decided to order greddy 1.6mm headgasket PHR oil pump Virtual works racing intake manifold PHR custom fuel system 1000cc injector PHR rair PHR Billet pump hangar and Titan crank pulley and BC valve train:eyebrows:

Great thread Wayne mate looking forward to the progress, was speaking to Col & LeeP other week & both said coming on great looking forward to see another supra nearly as good as mine ;)

She will take some beating when Simon has finished with it me and Lee still have a few tricks up our sleeve maybe chasing 800bhp this winter as well as a nice brembo setup like jamies but that will later

She will take some beating when Simon has finished with it me and Lee still have a few tricks up our sleeve maybe chasing 800bhp this winter as well as a nice brembo setup like jamies but that will later

Good news at least with LeeP on the build this time round you know it will last & be more on the road than off ;)

Good news at least with LeeP on the build this time round you know it will last & be more on the road than off ;)

It already old news bud the car made a very healty 600 hp and 460ft lbs and that was just at 7000 rpm and 1.3 bar will be mapped to at least 1.5 with a rev limit of 8200 soon:eyebrows: