The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How important is a private reg to you?

Matt H

I've just bought a new private reg for my supra (woohoo) and pretty excited about getting it on the car.

I feel like a Private reg (as long as its a decent one) adds that little bit more prestige to your vehicle. (Admittedly there are ones that actually detract from the overall appeal)

The question is: how many people feel a private reg is important on a car they treasure so much? And; how much are you willing to spend on the right one?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you gonna disclose your new reg or is there a privacy issue?

Of course he is, the whole thread is here just so someone can ask that question and for him to reveal how much he's spent on it.

Nope, and it was cheap as chips as far as reg plates go.

Nothing says inadequate like driving a penis extension that has a personal plate.

HTH.

I take it you must have had one on your supra then before life forced sale?

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

Nothing says inadequate like driving a penis extension that has a personal plate.

HTH.

All depends what it says and what car it is. If its a supra and reads supra I see nothing wrong with it ;)

E.g. Seeing an audi r8 with a plate like 'R8 wow'', when the car is white, clean, tastely finished with carbon fibre side panels finishes a nice car perfectly imo.

Plus, there is nothings wrong with having your name in there either (if you want people to know your name).

Anyway, mine came with the car - the guy did want to keep it and or resell it without the car but it turned out to be more hassle than he could be bothered to deal with. I won't disclose how much I'd have paid extra for the plate incase I decide to sell it ;)

I have a great one A4DED (afforded). Have had interest from some prestige car owners with Porsche and Ferrari but not for sale. Well I suppose not, unless the price is good but when they leave a note on your windscreen you dont often follow it up do you.

I can imagine an "A" plate is pretty expensive. I take it you don't have that on a supra tho?

Anway, interested in what people have and how much it cost them.

When i put a bid in on M4 TTY a few years back at an auction i got totally blown out of the water by the winning bid. Think it went for something like £20k :gasp:

I would only want on (LYN 53Y) which is as close to my name as possible but as it's about £40,000 I won't be bothering :(

I got mine for my 18th birthday nearly 8 years ago now... and its travelled with me through all of my cars :) ... and I never wanna loose it. Its more sentimental value TBH.

G7

ALX

Thats a good'n. especially as its from your 18th :)

Car related ones have to go with the car, but name ones will last as long as there are cars to drive. Unfortuneatly they tend to be more expensive, espeically for one that reads well....

Thats a good'n. especially as its from your 18th :)

Car related ones have to go with the car, but name ones will last as long as there are cars to drive. Unfortuneatly they tend to be more expensive, espeically for one that reads well....

yeah that is true... just outta interest... did I meet you at japfest last year, I was with stevie?