The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to buy bits for a Jap N/A, toyota uk?

suprasam77

hi guys and girls,

im in need of a few NEW parts for my SZR, i haven't tried my local toyota as im not sure if they sell bits for an NA as they were never sold over here. can they supply new parts for NA's?

also does anybody know of any companys that sell new supra parts for NA's for cheaper than toyota could?

i need prop shaft centre bearing and rear diff bush. all preferably new as second hand will not do.

thanks

yeah i contacted nic a couple of times, 2 months ago, but have had no reply, obviously because he's been ill and i know hes a very busy chap.

no other traders seem to deal with new toyota parts only aftermarket performance stuff or second hand parts, nic is the man i need.

anybody used any other people or companys?

i will give toyota a call too. thanks

Nic's off ill at the moment.

Whiftbitz would be your best bet on the forum, they stock many of the commonly needed service parts.

We also have a contact at Inchscape Toyota in Oxford who provides a good discount for members - Steve Manley

There is also Elmhurst Toyota in the US, they used be be VERY competitive, but not sure how it works out now with the exchange rate.

To be honest I'd just go with 2nd hand parts. You can pick up N/As for peanuts these days so they're getting written off by insurance companies in cases when there's very little damage. Toyota's are well built cars with good quality parts so you can get 2nd hand parts with a hell of a lot of life left it them.

Toyota will want an arm and a leg for most new parts.

To be honest I'd just go with 2nd hand parts. You can pick up N/As for peanuts these days so they're getting written off by insurance companies in cases when there's very little damage. Toyota's are well built cars with good quality parts so you can get 2nd hand parts with a hell of a lot of life left it them.

Too true ! (the above) phoned toyota upper wishbone arm £328 + vat , drive shaft £440 + vat !! [sHOCK][/sHOCK]

sorry who's going to pay those kind of prices for a 12-14 yr old car, certainly not me . :tongue:

Too true ! (the above) phoned toyota upper wishbone arm £328 + vat , drive shaft £440 + vat !! [sHOCK][/sHOCK]

sorry who's going to pay those kind of prices for a 12-14 yr old car, certainly not me . :tongue:

On one hand I agree, but you need to be careful when buying some 2nd hand parts as they'll often be from crashed cars. I've had a nightmare with some suspension parts I've bough 2nd hand, half of the parts I received were damaged (but not visibly, it was only after carefully measuring)

You also need to find a better Toyota dealer!! Those prices are far higher than they normally are from Toyota - prices vary a huge degree between dealerships. The upper wishbone is about £130 brand new from Nic.

yeah i know what you mean, but i hate the hassle of second hand bits, not knowing if their right or how long they will last. and their seem to be a few variations of the parts i need.

i will try oxford toyota, and bristol see if they give me a discount. Do i need a membership number?

if they are too expensive i will wait for nic and try him again.

whifbitz dont sell what i realy need but i found some other stuff they do so thanks!

yeah i know what you mean, but i hate the hassle of second hand bits, not knowing if their right or how long they will last. and their seem to be a few variations of the parts i need.

i will try oxford toyota, and bristol see if they give me a discount. Do i need a membership number?

if they are too expensive i will wait for nic and try him again.

whifbitz dont sell what i realy need but i found some other stuff they do so thanks!

You won't need a membership number, but for Oxford just try and speak to Steve Manley and say you are from the Supra club and have been recommended. I've always found them significantly cheaper than other Toyota dealerships in the UK.

Edit - just seen the parts you are after, would never ever consider 2nd hand for those! Nic will be cheapest, but worth trying Elmhurst in the US too. Let us know how you get on :)

i phoned toyota world in bristol 0117 9165519, recommended by snake, and spoke to a chap named adam. I said i was from the club and he gave me a 15% discount. very nice chap, so the centre prop shaft bearing was £112 and the rear diff bush was £46. so i will try nic to see what his prices are and compare.

so thanks to snake