The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who has had their supra from new....

ManwithSupra

How likely do you think it is that someone importanted a brand new one from Jap land following the end of the UK run in 1996? Otherwise your looking at a small margin of 96 or pre-96 UK spec owners. Not sure how many people have owned the same car as a normal driver for 13 years +

How likely do you think it is that someone importanted a brand new one from Jap land following the end of the UK run in 1996? Otherwise your looking at a small margin of 96 or pre-96 UK spec owners. Not sure how many people have owned the same car as a normal driver for 13 years +

Still think the answer is 0.

I saw mine and had a drive of it when it was brand new, the very day it was first on the road :)

My mate then owned it for 5 yrs and I've had it ever since, OK it's bugger all like the thread title but thought I'd share it with you:d

Still closer than anything so far!! :D

Yeah Paul thats pretty close.

My feeling on this that the person that still has the same supra from new is going to be a rare person indeed becuase 1) People change their cars often like they might change their sexual partners: when they get bored of them, and when they don't perform as well as they used to. 2) Newer and more tempting models of cars have come out since, and the person that buys a brand new supra is likely to be the same sort of person that gets tempted by brand new temptings cars in showrooms.

My feeling on this that the person that still has the same supra from new is going to be a rare person indeed becuase 1) People change their cars often like they might change their sexual partners: when they get bored of them, and when they don't perform as well as they used to. 2) Newer and more tempting models of cars have come out since, and the person that buys a brand new supra is likely to be the same sort of person that gets tempted by brand new temptings cars in showrooms.

I saw my 1st one at the local dealership but missed buying it brand new by a couple of days, the guy who bought it didnt like the autobox so put his name down for a 6 speed so i got it 8 months later :) then had 3 years with it but saw an ice green B3.2 Alpina convertable at Sytners in Leamington and traded the supra in :(

2 months in the Alpina and i'd had enough of it and started looking for another Black uk spec, the car i have now :)

I'd be amazed if someones had say a 94 from new and still got it now 15 yrs later

Like others have said, zero.

Most people who could've afforded a new one are unlikely to be owning a car which is now anything between 16 to 7 years old.

Didnt the last uk specs stop in 96 97 so would be at the youngest 12 yrs old

You really do write some sh*te.

I would have thought there would be none.

Brand new in the UK they were an expensive car. The sort of person who can blow 45k on a new car can usually afford to change them 3 or 4 years later and wouldnt want to be seen in an old car.:idiot:

It is guys like us who pick up a minter for 10 to 15k who really get value for money.:D

I would have thought there would be none.

Brand new in the UK they were an expensive car. The sort of person who can blow 45k on a new car can usually afford to change them 3 or 4 years later and wouldnt want to be seen in an old car.:idiot:

It is guys like us who pick up a minter for 10 to 15k who really get value for money.:D

Plenty of 'wealthy' people like 'classic' cars IMO. :)