The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aftermarket headlights

Guest BobbyC

My headlights have almost failed my mot cause of a poor dipped beam pattern, but also the seals have gone. New ones are stupid money so does anybody know if there are aftermarket ones for jap specs about? Preferably in black but any help would be great!

The cheapest option is to get them refurbed however they could get foggy again.

The other option is to buy a new set of headlights. UK Spec glass headlights are not that exspensive appx £270 for the pair. These are plug and play and will fit a import.

Or facelift style headlights that are black inside are about £400+ for the pair from Nic, you will also need facelift indicators appx £90 for the pair.

One thing to buy straight away is HID lights, you can buy them for £50+ off ebay. This alone will provide more light! You will ask yourself why did you not buy them sooner. 4300k is the brightest or if you want a blue chavvy tint 6000k or 8000k.

I bought a pair of UK headlights just before xmas and then stuck in a set of HID's and it has been the best thing I have done so far with the car. Fogged up/yellowed headlights are not just annoying, they're dangerous if you drive a lot at night. Mine where so bad that when they got road salt on them I use to pray that I would meet someone on the road as I left streetlighted areas just so I could follow them as I couldn't see far enough.