The mkiv Supra Owners Club

18's but what tyres

scooby999

Looking into getting a set of 18's for my supra and ditch the stock jdm 16's that just dont do it any favours

Found a few style 18's i like but just need a little advice on the tyres and size.

Whats the best size tyre, front and rear to go for?

In the past ive always used kumho ku31's wether it be on my 300+bhp nova turbo to my current astra v6. Reason being is that they are fairly cheap, grip is excellent in both wet and dry and they are hard wearing.

Ive also heard good thing about the falkens but im new to the supra a rwd scene so you help is much appreciated on this one as some of you will know best

Paul

You are talking about front wheel drive cars there. You can get away with mid-range tyres on these cars. For a RWD these tyres may not be the best choice unless you like the feeling of ice-skating whilst in a car.

Most on here would agree on Toyo T1R or R888's or Eagle F1's (I have these on mine). A good width would be around 235 front and 265/275 rear.

you will find lots of opinion on this subject depends what you want from the tyres we have 235/40 front and 255/35 on rear i find this gives resonable grip in the wet and good grip in the dry they are goodyear eagles i think the toyo are a handfull in the bad weather but the supra is not really a bad weather car :D