The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Had a small puncture today

Wez

Hey All,

While travelling down to LeeP today to pickup an old drivers seat kindly donated by JamieP I had a little puncture, this happened on the A23 just as it goes from 3 lanes to 2 and down the hill.

A big thanks to Lee who came out and met me as the wheel wrench in the car wouldnt fit the nuts :thumbs:

It was a long slow drive home on the space saver :(

#Tire ID

Edited by Wez (see edit history)

Yeah it was in the NA, I got a loud clunk from the rear followed by some rear wobbling, I let the car slow down and pulled off as soon as I could, if I had carried on round the next corner I am sure the story wouldnt be so funny.

Just checking my tire age against the info posted in the other thread, its not good, it looks like they could be pre 2000, just trying to work out the year as it was purchased by me in the last 18 months.

Glad you are ok mate, on a side note my wife you kill me if i had that in the house:d

Yeah the misses wasnt very happy when I had a complete spare set in the kitchen, I stuck a plant on them and said its a modern feature, she didnt laugh.

Glad you're ok mate. I had this happen on a set of Toyo t1-s tyres just outside of Paris. I pulled over as soon as I felt the wobble and inspected the tyres, but could not find anything wrong with them. Anyways, I set off again and it blew shortly afterwards. It's a scary experience isn't it! I had to drive back to York on a space saver in the rain, which was an experience in itself!

After doing a little searching on the net I think the Eagle F1 GSD3 was released in 2002 so must be post 2000. Are those the only numbers on it? I checked my F1 rears not long ago and the age number was around the middle of the sidewall rather than that close to the rim.

Glad you and the car are ok it could've been a lot worse!