The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel Pipe Routing

DannoSupra

My car's in the bodyshop as we speak now, and im putting trial rear on, now im changing fuel pipes from tank to front. Do i need to drop the tank? If so i'll have to do it all now before the trial rear is mounted (with bonding the sides)

Or, has anyone ran fuel pipes inside the car, on a road car before?

Thats the only option ive got really, all braided of course :eyebrows:

Cheers

My car's in the bodyshop as we speak now, and im putting trial rear on, now im changing fuel pipes from tank to front. Do i need to drop the tank? If so i'll have to do it all now before the trial rear is mounted (with bonding the sides)

Or, has anyone ran fuel pipes inside the car, on a road car before?

Thats the only option ive got really, all braided of course :eyebrows:

Cheers

only 2 bolts holding the tank up at the front. undo them and the tank drops down enough to pull the pipes through. the tank will stay there so you don need to support it.

I got my braided hoses in place without droppping the tank. The pipe pushes down fairly easily. I removed the plastic cover which covers the pipes under the car, removed the original pipe then tied my new pipe in the same place then refitted the plastic cover. You may need to trim some clips on the plactic cover to get it in though.

It would depend on the thickness of the fuel pipe you're fitting, a -6 should be able to get through without removing the tank, but anything larger will be more tricky. It's actually very easy to drop the tank down, just 4 or 6 (can't remember exactly) bolts to losen off and it'll drop down far enough to give some clearance.

It would depend on the thickness of the fuel pipe you're fitting, a -6 should be able to get through without removing the tank, but anything larger will be more tricky. It's actually very easy to drop the tank down, just 4 or 6 (can't remember exactly) bolts to losen off and it'll drop down far enough to give some clearance.

I got my -8 line through without too much hassle :)

I got my braided hoses in place without droppping the tank. The pipe pushes down fairly easily. I removed the plastic cover which covers the pipes under the car, removed the original pipe then tied my new pipe in the same place then refitted the plastic cover. You may need to trim some clips on the plactic cover to get it in though.

This is exactly what I done.

• 6 months later...
Line just snapped tonight, what type of braided hose did people use and where from? i take it ones a main feed to the filter, whats the smaller 2? are these return pipes?

the larger one is the feed to the filter, one of the smaller ones is the return to the tank and one of the others is a vent that goes to the charcoal caniste, you will have to trace them back to figure which is which