The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tips Please ......

Supra-Power

Hi all.....im going to take a look at a twin turbo uk spec car tomoz but its done quite a few miles(120,000)

I just want to know if theres anything i should look for (engine wise)!?!

Also......if i decide its a good un ,what could i do to freshen the engine up and what kind of money it would be?

Cheers Everyone :thumbs:

The main thing to look for is receipts, on that kind of mileage you want to be seeing bills for suspension and possibly a turbo rebuild if it's anything like my car :)

There won't be any major things to look for, just worn out parts - check for clunks from the suspension, smoke from the exhaust (while moving and while stopped), check the colour of the coolant if it has Toyota history - it should be red, not brown (or green if they have used JDM forlife, look for regular oil changes... just the usual really, the Supra will last a long time if it's looked after properly and 120k isn't that much.

Cheers for ur help ppl :thumbs: but it was wasted.

I set of on my 72 mile journey and got to clacket lane services to have a jimmy riddle and ring the bloke up, his g/f answered and gave me better directions.

Got a tad lost but found it in the end.Rung up once more to ask what the name of the pub was that we were meeting at (which id just that secound past) and she confirmed that it was the right one. But she goes on to say that her b/f had JUST accepted a cash price :conf:

Oh well....72 miles of 'sing-a-long therapy' on the way home :looney: