The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Turbos are nearly ready for the garage in the sky :(

Justin

Went to see Leon today to see why my oil consumption was so high.

He thinks it is probably turbo oil seals. Tiny puff of blue smoke when he raced it but it was there. It is time. The car's done 95000 and a lot of good boost work :) Will check plugs for oil too though. Could additionally be rings knowing my luck.

It's a bit like going to the doctor and him telling you that your kidney's are about to pack up so you will need a transplant.

Still boosting at 18psi at the moment so they may very well let go at TSC4 look out for my run, they may last until I can remortgage hopefully.

By the way what are the 'letting go' symptoms? Is it a big bang and lots of blue smoke but you can still drive home? Paul E you could answer this :)

Is this what happens:

1. Oil seals go

2. No lubrication so ceramics cook and explode?

Think I'll go for Leon's Stage 3 Hybrids unless anyone else has a better idea.

Oh well. Better start savin :)

By the way what are the 'letting go' symptoms? Is it a big bang and lots of blue smoke but you can still drive home? Paul E you could answer this :)

Please dont remind me!

Exactly that m8 - but I would get them done prior to exploding out ya superdragger!

Think I'll go for Leon's Stage 3 Hybrids unless anyone else has a better idea.

Dont start that discusssion again FFS! And of couse I have an alternative

Oh well. Better start savin :)

YEP!

[/b]

Dont start that discusssion again FFS!

Has there been one already?

I've seen a few threads where hybrids get mentioned, usually with prices but none where anyone says Hybrid X is this spec and is better than hybrid Y because of... etc

It seems to be a case of buying whichever set you like the price of and from whichever company you prefer rather than getting them based on a particular spec or power aim - I know you've been fairly open with your spec so this isn't a dig at you BTW :)

I'm on a quest for answers in my own hybrid search, they just don't seem too available :mad: