The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Type R?

Dave17

Sent the guy a message asking where he got 'Type R' from, and this was his reply:

"check ur history 1750 type r's were manafactured its on the import papers and the log book"

- woodypopple

STUNNING SUPRA TYPE R 2008 IMPORT IMMACULATE NO PX SWAP

Item Id: 250356989343

Anyone heard of this before?:search:

Guest glen9mullan

Hi guys seems to be confusion over the type R!! Im assured that 1750 were made and there is only 2 in the country, the car on ebay is mine, its all official on import papers log book ect, the kit on the car ect is all standard and non after market only after market part on car im lead to believe is carbon fibre spoiler, owned 4 supras before and i like you, did not believe a type r existed, i can only go off information given to me, and the documentation the car has, i will look into it more to find the authenticy of the claim of the importers and of course the registration of the car in this country.

Hi guys seems to be confusion over the type R!! Im assured that 1750 were made and there is only 2 in the country, the car on ebay is mine, its all official on import papers log book ect, the kit on the car ect is all standard and non after market only after market part on car im lead to believe is carbon fibre spoiler, owned 4 supras before and i like you, did not believe a type r existed, i can only go off information given to me, and the documentation the car has, i will look into it more to find the authenticy of the claim of the importers and of course the registration of the car in this country.

Its a really nice car no doubt about it. But there is no way that that is a standard kit.

Car looks really good mate. How long have you had it and why are you selling?

Guest glen9mullan

i want a twin turbo,only imported in september it has the looks but i want more power lol not even sure how much i should sell it for, had load of silly offers, any ideas???

Guest glen9mullan

only information i have is import papers and log book, tbh it doesnt matter to me if it is or is'nt its a really nice supra and was bought for its cleaness and looks,im sure someone will love it when they buy it,

More interested in getting another project now

So where does the

Im assured that 1750 were made and there is only 2 in the country,

Come from?

If all you are saying now is it claims to be a Type R on the Documents. If BS is going to be written/talked at least back it up.

Yes it looks a nice car, however the Ebay ad is misleading and someone with no knowledge will end up buying it thinking they are unique.

Guest glen9mullan

this is the information that was given to me when i bought the car, i have only relayed the information on the advert which incidentally i have ammended. It states clearly on advert that thye car is not a type R

You would be better saying its a realy really clean example of a modded supra. By the looks of things, if i were you, i would keep it and drop a TT in there and be done.

To get a full trial kit again, that wing, those awesome Volks, the seats, it would cost more than a TT engine and a R154 box.

Guest glen9mullan

can this be easily done??? and if so how much do you think this would cost?? i have four cars at mo and have 3 listed for sale, it was my intention of selling all 3 then getting something well tuned