The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Emanage Ultimate v Map2 Ecu

Stephen G

Which of the these would be the best for me to use on my UK Spec tt auto.

The car will be getting a pair of garrett t300s and a few other bits.:) and want something that could work well with out going to the expence of a standalone

I have been told the Emanage Blue can have problems with a UK car but what about the Ultimate.

The Map2 works well with the uk cars but is it better than the EMU if it can work without any problems on the uk spec.:search:

Any advice would be great.

I think that the MAP2 will be better suited to a UK auto, although EMU and MAP2 are similar in function and features, the EMU is known to have a problem with the UK igniter setup, however i seem to recall this may have been resolved by somebody.

I think thats the same problem the emanage Blue had aswell

Thanks

Both the Emanage and the Map ecu are not the best things on the market but when it comes to an auto supra needing fueling and ignition changes they are the currently the best options.

The Emanage is the better unit out of the two as it allows the fueling signals to be changed with out fooling the stock ecu about an Airflow output difference which then causes the ignition timing to be changed and other factors also. The airflow output will always need to be adjusted through with bigger injectors but the Injector adjustment is vital for getting the fueling as accurate as possible.

Also mapping a Map ecu2 is a PITA when you have to keep waiting for block changes etc

The above is all in my opinion though

Ryan