The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bumper and Spats look too white on car

ClaireRZ-S

As above folks just got the car back and got the do luck front bumper and the veilside spats on. I'm loving the new look so much better than the veilside one. Unfortunately (which i knew would happen ) is the bumper and spats look really white compared to the white that was is on the car :(. The spats stick out a mile as you would imagine. Just wondering what to do. Will i have to get a compound done on the car?

Sorry this is the only pic i have at the moment but i will take more tomorrow.

DSC00034.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why didn't your bodyshop try and blend them in to the paint? When i got a new bonnet on the old MR2 the red was a completely different colour, asked them to blend it in and it looked perfect. Car looks good!

Well he did want to do that but didn't have the money for it :rolleyes:. Wanted a lot just to blend it in and said it would probably need a compound after that anyway.

I dont understand why the bodyshop didn't match the colour before painting (??). Just because its the same paint code he should've still checked and tested the colour matching before painting. My guy would have anyway without me having to ask him.

What he did was he took the spats first and the bumper first and sprayed them then i dropped down the car and he fitted them. Had a problem with him at first as bumper was left down early and cracks were in it and he said thats the way i dropped down the bumper. He agreed to do it cheaper than what he originally said but i presumed he was gonna do everything. I think he just didn't care how it looked after that. I'll never be going back to him again.

I dont understand why the bodyshop didn't match the colour before painting (??). Just because its the same paint code he should've still checked and tested the colour matching before painting. My guy would have anyway without me having to ask him.

thats what i would have thought he would have done, personally if it was my car i would be really annoyed if i got it back like that,:(

like others have said i would find someone to mop it properly, t-cutting it would take ages :faint:

I do think then polishing the original paint would then be the most sensible option. To be honest it'll look like brand new paint afterwards which'll be fantastic on a white car. Just $£$£ obviously, though it shouldn't cost the earth.

No i think a compound and stuff wouldn't be too costly which i dont mind. A friend of mine does it and he does a class job so i think i'm going to get him to do it for me. A lot cheaper than a respray. I'll let you know how it goes and once i get it done i'll show you the result.

If it was me painting it i would have mopped a Small area first and matched the new paint to that, that way there is a chance of it all looking the same once compounded, the paint guy did use a std Toyota colour, and not a solid with no lacquer? all the std colours are all clear over base, including the solid types.

If it improves a little bit i'll be happy with it i just hope someone can fix it :(. When his price was 550 he did say the blend was included and when he reduced it because i was going to go somewhere else i thought it would of been blended to but i didn't get a reduced price at all he just didn't blend it in. I didn't realise this until i saw it yesterday evening as my boyfriend picked it up earlier on. I was fuming!!!

@Peter you have pm.