The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My engine's whistling

TonyP

My engine has started whistling. I've been told it's a small air leak. It sounds like it's coming from the area shown in the first picture. I've included the other pics to show the location of the part. Can anyone tell me what that part is and if it is where the air could be leaking from and how to fix it. Thank you.:)

i have the same problem on my Na. a high pitch whistle when accelerating only happens every now and again and i cant figure out where it is coming from sounds like a jet powering up :search:

i have the same problem on my Na. a high pitch whistle when accelerating only happens every now and again and i cant figure out where it is coming from sounds like a jet powering up :search:

SNAP!

Would love to know what is causing it, as it is getting quite annoying now and louder.

SNAP!

Would love to know what is causing it, as it is getting quite annoying now and louder.

to be quite honest i quite like it :) and if i give someone a lift and it is doing it they all say what the hell have you got under the bonnet a jet engine.i have looked several times to see where it is coming from but every time i do it Duse not make the sound and when it Duse i don't have time to look

to be quite honest i quite like it :) and if i give someone a lift and it is doing it they all say what the hell have you got under the bonnet a jet engine.i have looked several times to see where it is coming from but every time i do it Duse not make the sound and when it Duse i don't have time to look

I can't stand it. It driving me up the wall.

:yeahthat: Except mine happens all the time from idle to about 3000 revs then it either stops or the engine noise covers it.

I have an N/A but no such problem so am unable to help on that matter.

On spelling its a different issue, sometimes i type too fast and make a mistake, but never ever have i mispelt Does as Duse:d.

• 3 weeks later...

You be glad to know that I eventually tracked down my "supercharger" whistle and all gone now. It turned out to be the alternator was on the way out.

Hope you guys have similar joy in removing the annoying noise. I can now listen to my RS*R exhaust howl in peace now :blink: