The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fan belt tentioner bearings

Guest oli_supra

Guest oli_supra

any one know if the fan belt tentioner bearings are pressed in? mine are noisey but its £150 to replace wheel and spring unit but all i want to do is replace the bearings!!! also idle accasionaly drops to 500 - 600 rpm and stalls easy (running standard cams) i presume this is idle valve? thanks!:)

I have made a press tool to change the bearings without any damage. HOWEVER, there are two types of tensioner used. One has a black painted, pressed steel wheel, and these I can refurbish. You can easily recognise this type as the belt rubs the paint off to give a bright steel finish on the periphery of the wheel. The other type has a black moulded plastic wheel, and the bearing is moulded in, and cannot be changed. keep the bearings in stock and if you send me the tensioner, or just the wheel off it, I can turn it around the same day.

Thanks for the heads up Kev ;)

I have made a press tool to change the bearings without any damage. HOWEVER, there are two types of tensioner used. One has a black painted, pressed steel wheel, and these I can refurbish. You can easily recognise this type as the belt rubs the paint off to give a bright steel finish on the periphery of the wheel. The other type has a black moulded plastic wheel, and the bearing is moulded in, and cannot be changed. keep the bearings in stock and if you send me the tensioner, or just the wheel off it, I can turn it around the same day.

Thanks for the heads up Kev ;)

No probs Chris.