The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Credit crunch affecting second hand parts

j80leo

Secondhand possessions going down in value and the cost of living is going up.

Cost of living going up :no:

Where do you live ?

Supras - Down

Houses - Down

Petrol - Down

Food - Not sure

Clothes - Down (maybe not recently but over the last few years theve dropped in price)

General stuff - Down

Add to this internet shopping and the ability to shop around for the best price, and even go abroad to maximise currency benefits and we have never had it so good.

Back to the original question, i think it will drive secondhand prices up slightly (anyone want a secondhand N/A 12k ?:p)

Where do you live ?

Supras - Down

Houses - Down

Petrol - Down

Food - Not sure

Clothes - Down (maybe not recently but over the last few years theve dropped in price)

General stuff - Down

Add to this internet shopping and the ability to shop around for the best price, and even go abroad to maximise currency benefits and we have never had it so good.

Back to the original question, i think it will drive secondhand prices up slightly (anyone want a secondhand N/A 12k ?:p)

Lot of the stuff you have listed is classed as "possessions";)

True some things have come down of late but cost of living prices still seem high to me compared to a year or so ago, maybe im just earning less money now.

Where do you live ?

Supras - Down

Houses - Down

Petrol - Down

Food - Not sure

General stuff - Down

F**K me, you have no idea at all do you.

I think it will drive prices down. More people selling up to make ends meet, less people buying full cars so more cars getting parted out, less people willing to buy the more expensive items so prices drop and drop...

As long as I say in my job I dont care lol

No views, I have no views, I am viewless, I can't afford views either new or second hand, no views here, nothing to see, move along please.

I'd be happy to rent you a view, say for an evening to start with.

We can take it from there etc...:p

Im an engineer and majority of my parts are costing me noticably more, my customers are complaing that there products are costing them more but cant up there prices due to competition.

Times are getting so hard at the minute my old man is a tiler new homes and the work is drying up fast as nobody is buying, bankc not lending

Not quite sure I follow your logic there.

The pound is in a shocking state at the moment.

For example, last year the Japanese Yen was around 180-210JPY/GBP and when I bought my car in 2006 it was around 250JPY/GBP. Today on XE.com it's 129JPY/GBP !!

To put that into perspective, and just looking at the figures without considering inflation a car costing 6mil Yen:

2006: 24k GBP

2009: 46.5k GBP

Expect to see the price of imports rise soon as existing stock is cleared and dealers have to buy at the new exchange rate. Stuff from Japan is going to be particulary expensive, everything from TV's to car parts.

Where do you live ?

Supras - Down

Houses - Down

Petrol - Down

Food - Not sure

General stuff - Down

Don't think I agree with any of this but Currency benifits? Where can we go that the currency exchange is better than an year ago?

The amount of clients that have come in and said their having to close their business down is shocking!!! But there are some few that are doing better in these times. One thing that really bugs me are the banks.......its really is jus as simple as letting us borrow money. Least Inland Rev are letting all those who cant pay there tax cause they "cant afford" it off for 6months ;)

Nick is right about prices will increase from importing things.......fingers crossed second hand parts wont increase cause ill need alot im sure in the near future :p