The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fitting 19 inch wheels

spiderpigcity

The 30 profile is too skinny isn't it? It'll affect your gear ratio, acceleration, top speed, geometry and above all else, the handling and grip. It's adviable to keep the overall tyre diameter as close to stock as possible.

Edit - give me a minute, I'll check it on the calculator :D

results:

Stock (265/40x17): 644mm diameter

Current (265/35x19): 643mm diameter (-0.16% difference so close to ideal)

New (285/30x19): 657mm diameter (+2% difference so not too great)

It'll be slightly slower to accelerate and have higher top speed, but you'd need to consider a geo with the difference size

Do you known the offset of the current wheels? Has it had a geo since fitting?

The 30 profile is too skinny isn't it? It'll affect your gear ratio, acceleration, top speed, geometry and above all else, the handling and grip. It's adviable to keep the overall tyre diameter as close to stock as possible.

results:

It'll be slightly slower to accelerate and have higher top speed, but you'd need to consider a geo with the difference size

without going into the techy stuff im running around 600rwhp and just want to go up from 18 to 19 wheels. just wanted to know what size to put on the back.

let me know what you think?

thanks

results:

Isn't there a program somewhere Homer?

Here's the one for the wheel offset calculator:

Linky

the problem isnt working out the rolling circ. its more of a question aimed at the guys who have fitted 19 inch wheels. more to do with what you can physically fit in the car without any wheel arch mods.

In that case the offset will play a big part :)

the problem isnt working out the rolling circ. its more of a question aimed at the guys who have fitted 19 inch wheels. more to do with what you can physically fit in the car without any wheel arch mods.

ok let me re phrase the question, maybe it was a little unclear.

i am running 600rwhp and just wanted to know whether wider than 265 would be of any benefit as regarding better traction now i have more power. i am looking at some 19 inch wheels and wondered if i should stay with 265/35/19 or whether i could get away with fitting 285/30/19 or even 275/35/19? any body had experience fitting these sizes on a TT with hks coilovers?

hope that helps

Stock width isn't 265

IIRC it's 255/40/17

Yep, you're correct. Slipped up there :(

ok let me re phrase the question, maybe it was a little unclear.

i am running 600rwhp and just wanted to know whether wider than 265 would be of any benefit as regarding better traction now i have more power. i am looking at some 19 inch wheels and wondered if i should stay with 265/35/19 or whether i could get away with fitting 285/30/19 or even 275/35/19? any body had experience fitting these sizes on a TT with hks coilovers?

hope that helps

The tyre width isn't important, it's the suspension geometry, wheel width, offset, diameter, spring rate, bound, rebound and wall height thats means everything. There's no single factor you can adjust without upsetting everything else, it needs to be looked into as a whole rather than compenents, especially if you are going to be putting down that level of power.