The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cheapest CAT I alarm/immobilser ?

AJI

With my recent problems of changing my car battery I now need a complete new alarm and immobiliser system. (Apparently Scorpion are not able to re-set their own unit once the anti theft has kicked in !!!! ) I'm pretty much out of cash at the moment which doesn't help matters.

Which CAT I alarm/immobilser would you guys recommend for the cheapest amount of £££'s ??

I would highly recommend the Toad Ai606. You can get them fitted for £250, although the proper price should be £349.

The Toad is a cracking bit of kit and extremely reliable if it's fitted correctly. Try to get personal recommendations from people that have had them fitted. There are companies around that do a nice cheap job, but the installation is nothing short of shite, and this will cause you problems in the future.

I hear countless horror stories of the man-in-a-van type installer that you can never get hold of once the job is done. Obviously they're not all like that though...

I'd do it for you, but you're a fair distance away from me, you'd spend anything you could have saved in fuel costs!

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your replies guys, looks like a Toad system is the way to go then.

So much hassel from a simple battery change, its unbelievable. I got my car back from Toyota garage today and after them rippng me off with their usual high prices I was just glad to be back on the road again with my twin turbo weapon!

Its still officially in winter hibernation but when its nice and dry like it has been on the odd day here and there it's nice to get it out for a good spanking. (The car that is!!)