The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbo Timer problem

Amir khan

Hi all,

Iv recently just dyed my carpet black and went to put it in today.

The turbo timer was working before i put the carpet in.

Now it doesnt even switch on, and iv checked the wires i can see.Unfortunatly the timer was already on the car when i got it so i have no clue as to how its been wired up!

Can anyone give me any advice or information on the basic wiring of a turbo timer so i can trace the wires and check connections, Or is there anyone local who could possibly help?

I live in the slough area

Im hoping its just a wire thats poped out whilst installing the carpet

The turbo timer is Apexi, il try to get a pic of it up tommorow

Thanks

either a harness that plugs into ignition barel loom with a seperate black earth or the individual wires will be connected to back of ignition barel. start with the back earth. if it wont power up at all its either earth or constant 12v or switched 12V. the 4th wire will be ignition run or acc2

strangely enough my turbo timer used to work fine but now when you set it, it only works once and not again??? like its memory stops and have to set it up before turning ignition off, then again on next journey.

get wiring diagram off turbo timer website and check the constant +12v feed that will do the memory and might have inline fuse on the wire.

My turbo timer stopped working when i changed my battery over. Obviously i hadn't touched the wires to that so i thought it was a bit wierd. I started to press the buttons randomly, and when i pressed all 4 buttons at once for a couple of seconds it came back on :blink:, dunno why?

thats wierd, I topped up my battery water coz it was really low. car's been parked up for a few months running it about once a week

Does anyone know if its could be linked to the wires that go to the handbrake?

or is it strictly going to be power, as in earth problem of live problem?

thanks