The mkiv Supra Owners Club

which cams for my single spec?

L33

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=171382

not sure which cams will be right for my build so wondered if any one could help. having a boostlogic auto box if that makes any difference and some wiseco forged pistons.

hear a lot of people use 264? but not sure if thats right for what i want, or how do you know what suits :blink:

bit different but i had cams in a old 106 gti years ago and it was always stalling and very lumpy, cudnt let it idle with out haveing my foot slightly on the acc. dont want to be in that situation again as its unusable!

cheers

jamie, what was your gt4088 running bhp?

you had 264 cams?

to be honest not really sure what power i wil have but i will be happy to have it back, just been told with a spec like i have it should see 600bhp. not sure how far from the truth that is? but while the engine is being rebuilt i thought i would but forged pistons and cams in to be able to take the power what ever i get

Im on stock cams at the min but have the Jun 256/256 ready to go in soon.

My old red car was on GT4088 with 264/264 hks cams and the best power it made was 615bhp on Dans dyno.

so it might be best to use the same cams you did on your gt4088 as i have the same turbo? or the 256 better?

whats the difference between them? drive wise and performance?

The bigger the cam the more lag (but will make more power) go on Ryans dyno page and compare my power curve to IanC's, both have same turbo but he has cams and lots of lag compared to mine.

For 600bhp id go 256/256 but do some more research and make your own mind up.

just looked on 2bar tuning website, and there is 2 gt4088 supras on there pushing over 600 with 264s. one of them has stock internals!!

you say about do some research to make my mind up but my car knoledge is so limited its hard lol! looking at a dyno graph is just lines to me :( i am trying to! i just try and find what other people have and then just try to do the same?

Id go with Jun 256/256.

:yeahthat:

Good advice

I gained 50hp with HKS 264/264 but it moved my power curve over approx 500 to 1000rpm.

If I was doing cams again I would seriously consider the JUN 256/256 setup, only issue is no one has tested it yet.

I have 264's on mine and they are very good. My car makes really good power on relatively low boost. Can't comment on any other durations though as i have not driven any other supra's running cam's.

That's a good result you have with your T67, 570 at 1.1 :)

When do you see full boost?....

That's a good result you have with your T67, 570 at 1.1 :)

When do you see full boost?....

Its actually 565bhp but that's close enough to 570bhp for me :D its on full boost approx 4000rpm, but my turbo exhaust blades are damaged at the ends so i'm sure that affects the spool somewhat. The cam's make a huge difference top end though, it pull's extremely well past 5k. Going to get the turbo refurbed if possible and then get a re-map up to 1.4-1.6 and see what numbers i can come out with :)

Its actually 565bhp but that's close enough to 570bhp for me :D its on full boost approx 4000rpm, but my turbo exhaust blades are damaged at the ends so i'm sure that affects the spool somewhat. The cam's make a huge difference top end though, it pull's extremely well past 5k. Going to get the turbo refurbed if possible and then get a re-map up to 1.4-1.6 and see what numbers i can come out with :)

Sounds good,

Will be a real beast when completed!

Get the figures posted when it's done! :D