The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Complete back end ?

Dyer864

Hi all !

Having changed a few suspension arms etc, after having a bump in the side of car, the car is still not driving right, drive over a man hole, drain or anything else and the back end just skits everywhere.

garage now going to do laser four wheel alignment etc.etc. if this doesn't come up with anything wot's the best ?

Thinking of buying whole back end, second hand of course off donar car that's had front end damage, wot sort of price are we talking about for rear end of car, diff, drive shafts , wheel hubs etc ! etc ! ;) p.s does jezz still deal with spare parts ;)

During checking over the rear end, both garages can't see any damage to any components other than the ones i've changed !

i've changed shocks / springs , certain suspension arms, both seem to think i've bent something underneath , physically looking at the wheel in between the arch, passenger side wheel is more forward than drivers side, he put his three fingers in gap between wheel and arch on drivers side , whilst he got four fingers in gap on passenger side, so he assumes something is bent along those lines . :search:

Yep ! had bump a while ago, got it sorted but then i decided to miss my hard stand and completely drive over ditching the car , with the rear end in garden and front sticking up on hard stand ! [sAD][/sAD] car got towed out , only a few days later the trouble began ! as i explained to the garage. so he seems to think i've bent something underneath

During checking over the rear end, both garages can't see any damage to any components other than the ones i've changed !

i've changed shocks / springs , certain suspension arms, both seem to think i've bent something underneath , physically looking at the wheel in between the arch, passenger side wheel is more forward than drivers side, he put his three fingers in gap between wheel and arch on drivers side , whilst he got four fingers in gap on passenger side, so he assumes something is bent along those lines . :search:

Ive just had my rear suspension done as i had te same problem.

backend was very skitish, i had a knocking sound from teh passenger side rear and there was no visible damage.

I swapped, both springs, dampers and upper suspension arms.

The difference is massive. I think it was the passengar side damper causing the problems, but there is no sign of damage etc on the removed part.

Swap the shocks and springs over as a starter is my advice.